Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat room???

Default Chat room???

Has the chat room been kicked into touch? Liked my nightly blethers
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Its vanished!
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

What - no chat room! What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    What - no chat room! What happened?
    dont know Betty, I wonder if the admin will let us know?

I'd like to know too , would be sad for it to disappear permanently.

I went in there once, but all I saw was a number of C-Shell error messages, most of which were attributed to me!
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 12-Oct-13 at 16:02. Reason: poty - again!

Some of the tables were missing form the database after the recent server downtime, I'll have a look at it as soon as I get time but it may have to
    wait until I do a forum update for a proper fix.

Thanks Colin. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Thanks Colin. Much appreciated.
    hi betty glad your still to the fore heard you had been over but missed you we might even have been in spoons at the same time regards betty tony

Still no restored chat room... Christmas is coming Colin, any chance?

Was looking for you lizz...but no chat!
    GRRR!
    Thought it would be back (or at least redirections to speak to regulars would be provided) ..such as try xxxx at xx time by someone else..
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Ah down time! Good opportunity to change the wall paper and recover those ancient sofa chairs. Remember when the chat room was so full we had to fight for a place to sit. I still love the open fire place.

I can remember one quiz night in the chatroom and Acameron was quizmaster. there were dozens in there. He sent me the questions and answers and we worked a system whereby just a few seconds before he asked the questions I posted the answer. weegili was first to notice after a couple of questions and highlander booted us out the room. We got back though. It was good fun.
    On another occasion we had all the local candidates for the 2001 general election in the chatroom. It was John Thursos first election. What a revel it was in. It was a good idea though. Just a pity it does'nt happen now. With an adequate chairmain and system it could work well especially with the referendum looming in the distance.

Great post gleeber. Sorry I'm overloaded with good reps in your direction, although I suspect that it has been years since I sent you one. I miss the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Ah down time! Good opportunity to change the wall paper and recover those ancient sofa chairs. Remember when the chat room was so full we had to fight for a place to sit. I still love the open fire place.
    Aaaaahhhhh.... the good old days! I remember petitioning the Admin for new sofas and getting them. The new sofas were immense! We never did resolve the problem of the revolving doors though.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    I can remember one quiz night in the chatroom and Acameron was quizmaster. there were dozens in there. He sent me the questions and answers and we worked a system whereby just a few seconds before he asked the questions I posted the answer. weegili was first to notice after a couple of questions and highlander booted us out the room. We got back though. It was good fun.
    On another occasion we had all the local candidates for the 2001 general election in the chatroom. It was John Thursos first election. What a revel it was in. It was a good idea though. Just a pity it does'nt happen now. With an adequate chairmain and system it could work well especially with the referendum looming in the distance.
    The best nights were when Acameron wasn't the quizmaster. It was a "rule" that the quizmaster used red font to pose the questions. Acameron changed his colour to red and had everyone scrabbling around answering his questions while the quizmaster and participants remained totally confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    The best nights were when Acameron wasn't the quizmaster. It was a "rule" that the quizmaster used red font to pose the questions. Acameron changed his colour to red and had everyone scrabbling around answering his questions while the quizmaster and participants remained totally confused!
    Moira!!! are you inferring, my cousin Acameron was/is a Cheat, surely no

n the good old days you could even call someone aside and have a chat in private gone are the days tony

Org chat has had a major overhaul.....but no chat room yet....bummer

We had lots of laughs in that old chat room, didn't we? It makes me smile to remember. Has anyone seen acameron lately? If so, please say hello from me. And hello to the rest of you, who might remember me

Quote Originally Posted by sassylass View Post
    We had lots of laughs in that old chat room, didn't we? It makes me smile to remember. Has anyone seen acameron lately? If so, please say hello from me. And hello to the rest of you, who might remember me
    Sassy met up with him and Jane during the Festival, had a good night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast