Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greeting Cards/Party stuff and household Shop

A hookah (sic) shop in Wick?

Should go a bomb!

can i just say that as far from the pound shop if you could have called it that i used it when we moved hear for lots of things and not alot was a pound even tho it said a pound shop
    we do need more shops in wick and as others say we need variety to keep every one interested no more food shops we have too many and no more charity shops
    we looked at a shop but was put of with the rent and then the rates would have killed us

Out of 42 shelving units in a 1000 square ft shop only half unit will be allocated to tobacco products. Given that its not even our best seller we can ditch them. We have that stuff just to go with the idea of " Aladdin's Cave" name our customers call us because they mostly find what they are looking for in our shops.Also 10 - 15 card stands does not count as "some cards".Still if you see the idea to be of a head shop we can ditch those products. We have reading glasses stands in our other shops but i wonder why have anyone not called us the Opticians:P
    Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    you don't know what a head shop is, but sell stuff like .... ' zigzag papers 7 for a pound. water pipes, tobacco grinders, different flavored rips, all different types of tips loads of lighters, Sheehah flavors and hookahs' apart from using the greetings cards as roach material, most of the stoners i know aren't renowned for spending much on cleaning products, so scrap that and just focus on selling smoking paraphenalia, cards and cheap sweeties.

There will be more variety and better quality than the Pound shop. But the idea is the same household goods diy cleaning greetings cards and so on. My mistake i mentioNed tobacco products it is a very small portion of our stock and folks here started thinking we are some kind of weed shop. Bad idea to even sell them i suppose.About the business rent and rates. Rent is pretty reasonable it depends on the location and the business rates get exemption if they are up to a certain amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.bowles30 View Post
    can i just say that as far from the pound shop if you could have called it that i used it when we moved hear for lots of things and not alot was a pound even tho it said a pound shop we do need more shops in wick and as others say we need variety to keep every one interested no more food shops we have too many and no more charity shopswe looked at a shop but was put of with the rent and then the rates would have killed us

Tesco and other supermarkets bulk buy and mostly their cards are branded. We pick our stock individually they are value cards but since we can pick what we want to sell Thats why i believe we can provide better products at a better price.Regarding the buggy, we will keep that in mind while designing and laying out the shop floor. I am not sure what lind of lines whatsits have but before we setup shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by sms View Post
    Decent cards for a decent price is what I look for. Tescos is out the way. Dempster Street is out way and for Watsits I can't take my buggy in there. All you can do is try and I say good luck. Theres always going to be competition whatever business you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by ils View Post
    There will be more variety and better quality than the Pound shop. But the idea is the same household goods diy cleaning greetings cards and so on. My mistake i mentioNed tobacco products it is a very small portion of our stock and folks here started thinking we are some kind of weed shop. Bad idea to even sell them i suppose.About the business rent and rates. Rent is pretty reasonable it depends on the location and the business rates get exemption if they are up to a certain amount.
    Wasn't trying to imply that there is anything wrong with a head shop, why not? it caters to a corner of the market poorly catered for up here....

All I was pointing out was that "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands." ("Douglas Adams")
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Wasn't trying to imply that there is anything wrong with a head shop, why not? it caters to a corner of the market poorly catered for up here....

All I was pointing out was that "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands." ("Douglas Adams")
    Great smoking hole in the foot of at least one stoner on this thread eh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12