Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Things to do next week from Aviemore up?

Default Things to do next week from Aviemore up?

Looking for suggestions for next week myself and my son are both off, I was planning Edinburgh / borders get a cottage and take it from there.

However i was also thinking of staying up here and trying to do a few away days , like quad biking, sea fishing, Kayaking, clay pigeon shooting etc. bt not a clue where to go what to do, any suggestions

The Highland Wildlife park at | Kincraig | Kingussie | Inverness-shire | PH21 1NL is well worth a visit , it takes all day to do it get around properly, but with two tiger cubs, wildcat kittens and young wolf cubs, it was a great day out

http://www.highlandwildlifepark.org....or-information

Chanonry Point to watch The Dolphins, Cawdor Castle and Culloden Battlefield just outside of Inverness, Blair Atholl, Granton on Spey to name just a few within striking distance.

You don't state what age your son is, but Landmark at Carrbridge is enjoyable for most ages, as is a trip to the Aquadome in Inverness, and Whin Park nearby

Lochinsch is always worth a look. Lots to do.http://www.lochinsh.com/

Quote Originally Posted by t View Post
    ....Looking for suggestions for next week myself and my son are both off.......... clay pigeon shooting etc.....
    Careful - The fun police will be out to get you! Its apparently a well known fact that clay pigeon shooting in Caithness puts the lives of people in Carlisle at risk due to stray shot ricocheting off the flags of a traditional Caithness flagstone dyke. Heaven forbid if you even thought about pointing a shotgun skywards where the trajectory will miraculously carry the shot to Belarus or beyond.

As for quad biking, sea fishing or kayaking, these are all extremely high risk activities that are bound to end in certain death for you and anyone in a 10 mile radius. Even driving from Thurso to the venue of these blood sports is likely to get you killed.

You would be better advised to stick to altogether safer pastimes such as making teddy bears or collecting stamps.