Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bailie Windfarm has been paid £268,617 NOT to generate electricity since 28th June.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_not_greed View Post
    As has already been said, this practice is not new and has been debated on the forum before.

However I have recently been told that the payments received were MORE than Baille would have received if it had generated electricity at the time. I'm not up to speed on the actual payments system or mechanism so have no idea how much more Baillie received than they would have if running as usual. If indeed that was the case. Perhaps Rheghead has the answer - I don't know.

Whatever, consumers paying any electricity generator MORE than they would normally receive if they were generating normally really doesn't sound right. If that is the case then something is very wrong with the system.

GNG
    I don't know either. But one thing is for certain, asking wind farms to shut down must be a last resort.

If you were the national grid operator and you need to balance the grid, you have the choice of shutting down a wind farm or a carbon dioxide belching coal power station, what would you choose? It would be easy to turn the wind off so something has to persuade you to turn off a coal power plant.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I don't know either. But one thing is for certain, asking wind farms to shut down must be a last resort.

If you were the national grid operator and you need to balance the grid, you have the choice of shutting down a wind farm or a carbon dioxide belching coal power station, what would you choose? It would be easy to turn the wind off so something has to persuade you to turn off a coal power plant.
    Turning off windfarms is a last resort. National grid has to balance its books as well as the grid and as it is 3 or 4 times more expensive to turn off windfarms it shuts down coal plant first until it runs out of them, and then as a last resort it uses our money to shut down the windfarms, which caused the problem in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    Turning off windfarms is a last resort. National grid has to balance its books as well as the grid and as it is 3 or 4 times more expensive to turn off windfarms it shuts down coal plant first until it runs out of them, and then as a last resort it uses our money to shut down the windfarms, which caused the problem in the first place.
    When are you going to start legal proceedings against me or are you all talk and no action?

When I have to, but meantime can we stick to the thread? I have answered your question. Normally you would now argue your point. That is how civilised debate is conducted. Please continue.

When are you going to start legal proceedings against me or are you all talk and no action?
    He has to read the Big Red Book of Legal Action for Schoolboys before he can contemplate that.

When I have to, but meantime can we stick to the thread? I have answered your question. Normally you would now argue your point. That is how civilised debate is conducted. Please continue.
    Yawn, here we go again!!!
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

You're all talk and no action then.

Why should I take you seriously when you make legal threats that you don't intend to follow up?

Anyone care to argue with that?

Anyone care to argue with that?
    Yes I care, we can go back to our robust discussions but there is the matter of you making legal threats.

An apology would get us back to normal.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 14-Oct-13 at 23:26.

I accept your apology for repeatedly accusing me of lying and I look forward to a vigorous debate.

So, moving on, I said:

"Turning off windfarms is a last resort. National grid has to balance its books as well as the grid and as it is 3 or 4 times more expensive to turn off windfarms it shuts down coal plant first until it runs out of them, and then as a last resort it uses our money to shut down the windfarms, which caused the problem in the first place."

I accept your apology for repeatedly accusing me of lying and I look forward to a vigorous debate.

So, moving on, I said:

"Turning off windfarms is a last resort. National grid has to balance its books as well as the grid and as it is 3 or 4 times more expensive to turn off windfarms it shuts down coal plant first until it runs out of them, and then as a last resort it uses our money to shut down the windfarms, which caused the problem in the first place."
    Come on, you must apologise to me for making legal threats. I know anyone can get a little angry at times and blurt out something that they regret. I'm really understanding in that respect. It is up to you or you'll force me to stifle any debate that you'd like to start.

It is up to you or you'll force me to stifle any debate that you'd like to start.
    Reported to mods.

Reported to mods.
    Report away. Are you going to apologise for making legal threats? Even your supporters would respect you more for doing so. Sorry is the hardest word.

Now up to £269,906.

Report away. Are you going to apologise for making legal threats? Even your supporters would respect you more for doing so. Sorry is the hardest word.
    you are beginning to look like the end of a bell
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    you are beginning to look like the end of a bell
    Do you think it is ok for ywindy to make legal threats to me for exposing him for having a financial interest (a business) out of objecting to wind farms? Also for saying that that he goes on jollies to wind farm inquiries?

Do you think it is ok for ywindy to make legal threats to me for exposing him for having a financial interest (a business) out of objecting to wind farms? Also for saying that that he goes on jollies to wind farm inquiries?
    I couldn't give a monkeys, in my opinion you are as bad as each other.You would be better sorting your differences in the traditional manner.
    W.A.T.P.

I couldn't give a monkeys, in my opinion you are as bad as each other.You would be better sorting your differences in the traditional manner.
    And the traditional manner is an apology.

And the traditional manner is an apology.
    or a debate, duel, swordfight, jousting, bare knuckle fight, wrestling bout anything but boring the world with your online he said / she said nonsense
    W.A.T.P.

or a debate, duel, swordfight, jousting, bare knuckle fight, wrestling bout anything but boring the world with your online he said / she said nonsense
    What like you are doing now?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast