Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New ideas for improving Caithness

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    I wrote only one excellent post, but I agree that it's worth two excellent posts written by most others.

Have you ever written an excellent post, or do you always project your cuckoos onto the real world by suggesting things that won't happen in the near future?

Why do you denigrate Caithness so much?
    I dont Im a Caithnessian / Wicker, looking at Wick Ive seen the complete shut down of fishing and related services / Caithness glass etc...I mean whats in Wick ? Im only looking at realistic options, and frankly Nuclear related work is the only work which would provide the scale to provide regular large scale employment given the coming closure of Dounreay. My concern is for the county and the comming generation. Without the nuclear option, then I agree with what Ducatti posted, Caithness as a glorified retirement home im sorry to say !

I think in time and with the increasing demands for power at some stage someone will grasp the nettle and new nuclear stations will be built. Personally I have no major issues with modern nuclear stations and the Fukushima argument doesn't really apply with the completely different geological conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    I think in time and with the increasing demands for power at some stage someone will grasp the nettle and new nuclear stations will be built. Personally I have no major issues with modern nuclear stations and the Fukushima argument doesn't really apply with the completely different geological conditions.
    Nuclear energy is a political football in Scotland. The only hope for it's future is a No vote and the end of the SNP wreckers.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Nuclear energy is a political football in Scotland. The only hope for it's future is a No vote and the end of the SNP wreckers.
    Not necessarily - a Yes vote followed by kicking the SNP to the kerb at the next election could free up things for a pro-nuclear party to step in

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Not necessarily - a Yes vote followed by kicking the SNP to the kerb at the next election could free up things for a pro-nuclear party to step in
    Mmm... bit of a risky strategy that.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Mmm... bit of a risky strategy that.
    What's life without a few risks lol, plus an independent Scotland without AS/SNP at the helm would give us more 'local' accountability without all the crap that comes along with them...just a means to an end. Anyway, could anyone really do worse than what we've got/had for the last X years in Westminster :/?

See Ireland or Iceland or Greece for further details
    W.A.T.P.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234