Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Tesco At It Again!

Default Are Tesco At It Again!

Tesco have a promotion on at the moment - 20% off all "clothing" Fri,Sat and Sun, but for some reason Nightwear and Lingerie are not included. Does anybody anybody have a clue as to why these items are not classed as "clothing"

well I guess because tesco have decided what they wish to discount...

Wear outer clothing in bed. Problem solved.

Tilly Teckel Guest

Maybe you'd be better asking Tesco...?

Probably for the same reason that Homebase have their 25% off all kitchens offer on and you go in to buy one and are told "sorry, that kitchen isn't in the sale" but the sign clearly states ALL kitchens. Work that one out!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    Probably for the same reason that Homebase have their 25% off all kitchens offer on and you go in to buy one and are told "sorry, that kitchen isn't in the sale" but the sign clearly states ALL kitchens. Work that one out!
    There will be small print
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemafia View Post
    Tesco have a promotion on at the moment - 20% off all "clothing" Fri,Sat and Sun, but for some reason Nightwear and Lingerie are not included. Does anybody anybody have a clue as to why these items are not classed as "clothing"
    Lingerie isn't clothing, it's temptation.

What would be the point in taking 20% of lingerie off? It's much more interesting when it's all off.

Who needs clothing? chill out and have a beer.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...08386150_n.jpg
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Matbe its just clothing they want shoppers to wear "on show" Thats in the sale...you ever seen the walmart customer clothing disasters on the tinterweb?
    No shopping in jammies or just undies.......
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Maybe because lingerie and night wear dont go in an out of fashion like clothes that are worn whilst out and about. Sale items are on sale whilst they are still fairly fashionable or they would be stuck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    No shopping in jammies or just undies.......
    Beige or otherwise!

sales in the retail sector are often targeted at items that they want to have a push on to get sales going or items which may be going out of seasons.....eg summer clothes on sale to make room for winter stock. As Christmas is approaching aghhhh nightwear/lingerie will be selling just fine without any need to be tossed in the sale and also this is one of your items that will sell all year regardless of season.

Surely you don't have a need for knowledge of lingerie, Alice. I thought you didn't wear any....

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Surely you don't have a need for knowledge of lingerie, Alice. I thought you didn't wear any....
    LOL SIS I DO buy it.......just as the night goes on .......I kind off.........ahem........lose it

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    LOL SIS I DO buy it.......just as the night goes on .......I kind off.........ahem........lose it
    Have you ever thought of carrying a spare pair in your handbag - just in case?

Have you ever thought of carrying a spare pair in your handbag - just in case?
    Jeez NO WAY....can you imagine it Alice needs to blow her nose and hey presto as if by magic out comes a pair of lacy smalls or larges in Alices case in front of everyone.....imagine the embarrassment .......

Tesco sucks! They do what they please. I hate Tesco with a passion. And yes TESCO have software that when TESCO is mentioned on a networking site TESCO can track it. Well guess what. I HATE TESCO.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Jeez NO WAY....can you imagine it Alice needs to blow her nose and hey presto as if by magic out comes a pair of lacy smalls or larges in Alices case in front of everyone.....imagine the embarrassment .......
    Surely you don't need Bridget Jones' size in an emergency. A skimpy pair in opaque packaging should do the trick.

I bought cheap shoes from Tesco once. They were comfortable, but they didn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Tesco sucks! They do what they please.
    As do we all
    W.A.T.P.

Surely you don't need Bridget Jones' size in an emergency. A skimpy pair in opaque packaging should do the trick.
    Nah I'd just lose the handbag I would have them in. Anyways Tesco are open twenty four hours in most places so hey Tesco problem solved lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast