Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mr James Robertson ,Schoolmaster -Latheron School, February 1799

Default Mr James Robertson ,Schoolmaster -Latheron School, February 1799

Hello , I would dearly like to find any information on the above gentleman
    I understand he was married to Jane or Janet Sutherland and had at least a daughter Eliza /Elizabeth Clunes Robertson at the time he was teaching in Caithness in 1799.
    Yours sincerely,
    Sarah Johnston

James Robertson is a g-g-g grandfather of mine. He had a large family of 4 daughters and 7 sons. His wife was Jane Sutherland. I have quite a bit on 2 of his sons including my g-g grandfather, John Robertson, who was also a schoolmaster.
    spittalhill

James Robertson is my 4G grandfather and I probably have the same information as Spitalhill I am descended from James' son Patrick, also a school master.

Susan, I think we have corresponded previously. My line is through another, son, John, also a schoolmaster - at Upper Lybster.
    spittalhill

The family of James which I have are Sinclair(b1777), James(b1779), George(b1782), Hellen(b1783), Donald(b1787), Louisa(b1789), Catherine(b1792), Patrick(b1794), Robert(b1796), Elizabeth Clunes(b1799) and John(1801).
    spittalhill

Hello, I have a John Robertson, Officer of Inland Revenue, Port Gower, on my tree. Also served at Dornoch Jail early 1800's. He was married to Elizabeth Murray. I have their children as: James Robertson b. 22.11.1819, Jane Robertson b. 1.7.1821, married surname Sutherland, William Clunes Robertson b.29.6.1823, all Port Gower, Mina (Williamina?) Robertson 18.8.1825, Gartymore. Would perhaps have been related to Elizabeth Robertson as there is mention of Clunes Robertson there too?

Hello

I am sorry I haven't been on this site for a little while.... James Robertson is my 4 g grandfather . His daughter Eliza Clunes married John Nicoll. Their son Donald Nicoll married Christian Milne here in Queensland. Their daughter Marion Eliza Nicoll married Samuel Barrow. Their son Cyril Barrow was my grandfather.

I would love any information you have . my personal email is sarahmjohno@gmail.com.
    We are coming to Scotland in May so I would love to visit these areas where family came from .

Kind regards

Sarah Johnston - Brisbane, Australia

Hello Ann

Sorry I have just found your reply....thank you .

I am curious to know whether this James would be a brother to my John Robertson ??
    The Clunes Robertson link is very interesting...am wondering whether their mothers maiden name was Clunes????
    My line descends form Eliza Clunes Robertson/Nicoll.

I would love to keep in contact - sarahmjohno@gmail.com

Kind regards

Sarah - Brisbane Australia

Hello Again ... thank you for your previous replies....they have been super helpful . I thought I had James Robertson sorted until I saw a different set of dates for this gent ... so here I go again . Are you able to tell me please James DOB and where he was born.I found a record for a James Robertson born in Perthshire in 1757 and on the same page there was another Robertson birth & they lived at Crag of Clunes .Needless to say my brain has gone into overdrive !!! Could Elizabeth Clunes Robertson be named after the family home town ???
    I would love love to know more about your John Robertson too , if I may .
    Kind regards

Sarah , Brisbane