Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Labour Party running scared

What does that mean? Is it a euphemism for "I dont have any answers to the questions you ask"? Surely not!

What? The response I linked you to?
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

What is missed here is: The S.N.P. will only be in power if the people of Scotland elect them after Independence. For once the people of Scotland will have a say in the government of Scotland.
    What happens to the S.N.P. after the vote if/when its yes is still to be determined. Salmond I hope will vanish into oblivion.

By the way, have none of the Labourites no comment to make?

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    What? The response I linked you to?
    No Ducati's response. You are right Weezer i had forgotten you replied - I have been away and I read it late one night.

I have said several times that I think an Independent Scotland would be better with its own currency. However I do not beleive that using the pound puts us on a par with Greece. Scotland is a strong and varied economy - unlike Greece. Scotland will be a huge export market for the rest of the UK and it will be in the interests of the UK to ensure that the partnership works. I do not beleive that the Uk will make things difficult or try to damage the economies of either country. The eyes of the whole world will be looking to see how Britain makes the transition and both Scotland and the UK will want to be seen to be doing things Right.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    No Ducati's response. You are right Weezer i had forgotten you replied - I have been away and I read it late one night.

I have said several times that I think an Independent Scotland would be better with its own currency. However I do not beleive that using the pound puts us on a par with Greece. Scotland is a strong and varied economy - unlike Greece. Scotland will be a huge export market for the rest of the UK and it will be in the interests of the UK to ensure that the partnership works. I do not beleive that the Uk will make things difficult or try to damage the economies of either country. The eyes of the whole world will be looking to see how Britain makes the transition and both Scotland and the UK will want to be seen to be doing things Right.
    No one saying the BoE would go out of its way to hurt and independent Scotland, are you? The point is england is much bigger than us, with an economy 10x our size. At present thats irrelevant in all spheres, but upon independence it will do what england needs. Now do you recognise what would happen you our economy of the BoE pumped a hundred of 200 billion into the economy in the event of a recession in england, whilst we needed an interest rate cut? It would be greece, no amount of diversification would solve it. Its the exact same issue in the EU, with germany and france demanding monetary prudence, when in reality the greeks needed a huge plump of dosh printed and needed to have their currency devalue itself, maybe by 25% or more? Thats whats caused the huge issues the in the past few years.

We would be best with out own currency. Given that wont happen, and your already complaining about decision in London not taking into account Scotland when they do, surely that scenario should scare you? or is it a case of heart over head?
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

What does that mean? Is it a euphemism for "I dont have any answers to the questions you ask"? Surely not!
    Questions and answers don't matter to me. As I said, we can't have a debate from entrenched positions. Apart from the ones I ask that no one answers.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    I don't believe any of the four countries can do without the other three, we have been a united kingdom for too long.

What if we think it is broken though?

then you can exercise your right to vote for Independence,

That's the thing, if you think it is broken then you've got to explain to us numpties in convincing terms why you think it is broken. But you haven't. In the face of so much conflicting evidence then reasonable persons will dump hopes and dreams for the devil you know. And when Johanne Lamont thinks that in an independent Scotland Alex Salmond will convince her that she'll be a size 10 and have George Clooney on her arm then you've got to suspect the credibility of the SNP et al.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Dear god i have explained to you time and time again why I believe it isnt working. You dont agree because it is ok for YOU! By all means disagree Rheg but you cant say I havent explained why its not working time after time after time. Its not my fault you cant see further than your own comfy life.

Dear god i have explained to you time and time again why I believe it isnt working. You dont agree because it is ok for YOU! By all means disagree Rheg but you cant say I havent explained why its not working time after time after time. Its not my fault you cant see further than your own comfy life.
    No you haven't explained anything clearly. You still haven't explained why independence will result in more bread on the table. I believe we will be poorer. We will have more beaurocracy (sp) than the UK. That will need to be paid for. You and your ilk will send this country to the dogs.

SNP admits company pensions will be in jeopody if Scotland goes independent due to strict EU rules. Yes, that means your pension if the admin HQ is in England.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/431...ensions-puzzle

Thankfully, former Health MSP Nicola Sturgeon thinks that scotlands poorer life expectancy will bale out her monetary problems in relation to pensions by insisting better pensions would be “affordable” because Scottish life expectancy was lower!
    Last edited by Rheghead; 26-Sep-13 at 00:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    No you haven't explained anything clearly. You still haven't explained why independence will result in more bread on the table. I believe we will be poorer. We will have more beaurocracy (sp) than the UK. That will need to be paid for. You and your ilk will send this country to the dogs.
    And you and your ilk will sit happily by congratulating yourselves on a job well done whilst people kill themselves because we have a cruel and heartless welfare system, whilst people are consigned to the scrap heap cos the companies paid millions to get them back into work dont... They simply line the pockets of the shareholders; whilst queues at foodbanks get ever longer; whilst the sick, the carers, the mentally ill get poorer and poorer. But then who cares that there was a chance to change things which you didnt take, why does it matter if Scotland cowers from its opportunity to change lives and make different choices, why should we care after all you're all right Jack, and thats all the matters ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    SNP admits company pensions will be in jeopody if Scotland goes independent due to strict EU rules. Yes, that means your pension if the admin HQ is in England.http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/431...ensions-puzzleThankfully, former Health MSP Nicola Sturgeon thinks that scotlands poorer life expectancy will bale out her monetary problems in relation to pensions by insisting better pensions would be “affordable” because Scottish life expectancy was lower!
    Lol lol lol... Here is the link again, read it yourself and make your own mind up. http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0043/00434502.pdf

And you and your ilk will sit happily by congratulating yourselves on a job well done whilst people kill themselves because we have a cruel and heartless welfare system, whilst people are consigned to the scrap heap cos the companies paid millions to get them back into work dont... They simply line the pockets of the shareholders; whilst queues at foodbanks get ever longer; whilst the sick, the carers, the mentally ill get poorer and poorer. But then who cares that there was a chance to change things which you didnt take, why does it matter if Scotland cowers from its opportunity to change lives and make different choices, why should we care after all you're all right Jack, and thats all the matters ....
    It seems your beef is with rightwing capitalism rather than with the Union. Go on, jump ship if you want to, this Briton is not for jumping....

Im not jumping ship Rheg, Im striding forward looking for something better for all of us even you, and our children. Im not running from the past, im looking Towards the future. Independence isnt about shirking responsibility - its about taking it. Its not a freedom FROM some imaginary shackles its a freedom TO do something different. Its a chance to be better than we are and for me thats a chance worth taking, worth striving for, worth voting for.

So even if your unfounded ridiculous fluffy and pink vision of an Independent Scotland was even remotely true, YOU and YOUR ILK will sit happily by congratulating yourselves on a job well done whilst British people (still) kill themselves because they (still)have a cruel and heartless welfare system, whilst people are (still)consigned to the scrap heap cos the companies paid millions to get them back into work dont, why should we care after all you're all right Jack, and thats all that matters, but heaven forbid anyone who is happy with their lot and wants to vote No
    Last edited by equusdriving; 26-Sep-13 at 00:30.

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    So even if your unfounded ridiculous fluffy and pink vision of an Independent Scotland was even remotely true, YOU and YOUR ILK will sit happily by congratulating yourselves on a job well done whilst British people (still) kill themselves because they (still)have a cruel and heartless welfare system, whilst people are (still)consigned to the scrap heap cos the companies paid millions to get them back into work dont, why should we care after all you're all right Jack, and thats all that matters
    Ahhhhh equus a point worth responding to at last..... There is nothing pink and fluffy. It will be bloody hard work. It will require imagination, intelligence and bottle. It will be full of wrong turnings and dead ends and will need vision and commitment from the politicians and voters alike. There will be things we want to do but cant, it perhaps wont change in my lifetime, im 50. But my daughter is 4. I hope she will grow up in a country that is fairer better and greener than we have now. As for abandoning the rest of the UK to their fate well lets see, does scotlands votes make any difference to thr results of westminster elections? I have already shown on this forum that it doesnt. The only way to influence what happens in westminster is to show that there is a different way to do things. To let people see that there are alternatives to the system they have and the decisions they make. If we stay as part of the UK we truly abandon everyone to the things I describe. Scotland can show a different way, it cannot do that and nor is there the impetus to do that within the UK. We have no influence as things stand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast