Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you eat a Tunnock's Caramel Log without making a mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    hmmn think you could adapt the rules somewhat for an adult version..vodka jelly through a straw?
    But im trying to work out the probability of rolling a double 6 or just one 6 if you use two die instead of one....
    Just to try and work out how much time I would expect to get to eat chocolate if it takes approx 30 seconds per roll (allowing for super org people that roll and get the dice ready for rerolling in 3 secs flat and the person that loses the dice under the couch that takes 3 mins to retrieve etc)
    So far I have worked out its a 2out of 6 if only needing one 6 and a 1 in 36 if using 2 dice to get a double six which means a whole mars bar could be eaten before the next double 6
    The probability of getting a double 6 with 2 dice is indeed 1 in 36.

The probability of getting at least one 6 with two dice is 11 in 36, which is a bit less than 2 in 6. You get 2 in 6 if you double-count the probability of getting a double 6 - there's only one way to get a double 6 with two dice.

The probability of getting exactly one 6 with 2 dice is 10 in 36.

I suggest using gin jelly, with Caithness gin from the new distillery in Dunnet.
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 22-Sep-13 at 00:15. Reason: poty

I'm not getting any better at it. I've just made a mess of myself and the sofa....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12