Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Belief in God is no longer necessary.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Belief in God is no longer necessary.

The Pope has said that there is a Heaven waiting for atheists regardless of having faith or not.

That means you can spend your Sundays doing more productively and you do not now have to wrestle your concience over what the Church says what you must or mustn't do.

Erm? Didn't Jesus say you've got to believe in him to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-8810062.html
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Will this heaven be open to atheists who don't spend their Sundays doing productive things, but stay in bed with a hangover instead?

Is that a case of The Pope hedging his bets?

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Is that a case of The Pope hedging his bets?
    I suspect that the sweeping of child abuse under the carpet should be enough to seal his fate.
    W.A.T.P.

Well we would appear to have a useless god, if we didnt already!

Still astonishes me anyone argues for this nonsense. They argue its the word of god, then ignore almost all of it in the same breath.

Just imagine what a book written by the creator of the universe could contain?!?!
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

Lol!

It's good to see the Rheg and Weezy show on the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    Well we would appear to have a useless god, if we didnt already!
    I wouldn't use that argument. He would appear to be a master of fine tuning.

Still astonishes me anyone argues for this nonsense. They argue its the word of god, then ignore almost all of it in the same breath.
    Perhaps too many religious zealots ignore the Word of God, but that doesn't mean He doesn't exist, or that He didn't create our Universe.

Just imagine what a book written by the creator of the universe could contain?!?!
    I hope He would explain how He did the fine tuning.

Or are you a Believer in the Squidzillions of universes paradigm - we exist in this fine-tuned Universe because it's the only one we can exist in?

Perhaps you're right - I don't know....

But the modern argument for God is the most powerful one we've ever had - in my humble opinion, of course.
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 16-Sep-13 at 22:57. Reason: slot of spoty

"Erm? Didn't Jesus say you've got to believe in him to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?"

Christ knows.