Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dogs and Nappies?

Default Dogs and Nappies?

Today as it was wet and miserable we decide we would have a trip to Wick to pick up supplies. I ventured into Pets at home and was looking round when i saw to my disbelief Nappies for dogs! why? A dog does it's business outside when it being walked. I came up with only 2 reasons why you might need them.
    1. You live somewhere that you can't walk your dog. In that case you shouldn't have one.
    2. The dog is poorly and can't control it'self. In which case seek a vets advice?
    Can any one else think of a good reason for them?
    Last edited by billmoseley; 07-Sep-13 at 19:34.
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Tilly Teckel Guest

Some people use them when they have a bitch in season; keeps the house clean. A friend of mine just uses her boyfriend's boxer shorts!

Old age incontinence that cant be controlled with drugs ..something that happens with humans too!
    Bitch in season as mentioned above .
    Infection or illness, while waiting for drugs to work.
    Paralysis and a dog with a back leg stroller thing with wheels.
    Territory marking and squirting in new surroundings to avoid the OMG moment the dog visits another house with another dog and not have the peeing on things comp.
    But mostly the bitch in season though we used pants(with tail hole cut out) and sanitary towels for Poppy dog before we got her neutered as she came into season not long after getting her from Balmore before the op was scheduled.
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

the in season bit i can understand but the rest nope sorry. if your dog is that poorly then let it have some dignity and have it put to sleep

why does a dog need to be dressed up in stupid tutu extra

Tilly Teckel Guest

I agree with you Bill, to be honest.

Errr... Starfish... who mentioned tutus??

nobody mention tutu but pets at home sell them i personnally think its wrough to dress dogs up like dolls ok perhaps a water proof coat for a thin furred dog on a snowy day but not to use a dog as a fashion accessory

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    but not to use a dog as a fashion accessory
    ahem...cough...Paris Hilton et al!

i never saw the tutus in pet at home i think that might have been the final straw. a dog has a nice coat to keep them warm and it seems to have done them ok for 1000s of years. my black Labrador would go swimming anytime of the years and doesn't feel the cold and it only ever seems to be the out side of her coat that's wet
    Last edited by billmoseley; 09-Sep-13 at 16:54.