Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIG GIG LOCATION VOTE (have your say people)

D... I don't think any of the other places would be as good as D

Talking

okay so obviously the dammies is in the lead.

thanks to everyone who is voting.

D.. I won't be there but if I was I would like to watch it at the Dammies.

I also think only local bands should be the headliners, don't see the point of having a big gig for Caithness then having some other act come up and take the applause for it. There is enough musical talent in Caithness to make it great and I think as many or all artists in Caithness should take part in some way even if it is only helping out or lending some kind of hand. Pull together, forget gripes and stuff, just get on with it. I have only heard from a few of the bands who are going to be playing, but without demeaning any other band I woudl say Astronot are more than capable of being a headliner for one night.

Forget about the drink, just tell everyone to mix bacardi and coke in a plastic bottle and turn up!

In the Words of Wayne: Book them and they shall come! :L
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 06-Feb-07 at 14:21.

my last post on this site re dunnet head for the gig was a bit of fun so why dont you lighting up a bit me am sayin good bye of this site for good

i give up lol

D - at the dammies

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Forget about the drink, just tell everyone to mix bacardi and coke in a plastic bottle and turn up!

In the Words of Wayne: Book them and they shall come! :L

D and as for the drink no mater what you do the coke bottle mixers are going to be there.

drink isnt a huge issue, just sticking it there for the punters really.

D...........

Am I missing something here? K Dragon is setting out on a complex & stressful journey. This is on behalf of all local musicians. All of whom have consistently and loudly agreed down the years that the local scene (and local audience) stinks and needs a boot up the Nat King Cole. In the same breath everyone either claims it can't be done, pooh-poohs the ideas of others, points to failed endeavours in the past and/or generally gets hysterical about why we can't have a flourishing music scene.
    So...?
    Is it time you collectively withdrew heads from dark orifice of choice and either got on with actually delivering something that a local audience would want to buy into (ie not just what you want to play yourselves) or actually clammed up and let the K Dragon get on with experiencing the learning curve that leads to being bitter, twisted, failed musicians or big fish in a tiny yet totally irrelevant musical puddle?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Am I missing something here? K Dragon is setting out on a complex & stressful journey. This is on behalf of all local musicians. All of whom have consistently and loudly agreed down the years that the local scene (and local audience) stinks and needs a boot up the Nat King Cole. In the same breath everyone either claims it can't be done, pooh-poohs the ideas of others, points to failed endeavours in the past and/or generally gets hysterical about why we can't have a flourishing music scene.
    So...?
    Is it time you collectively withdrew heads from dark orifice of choice and either got on with actually delivering something that a local audience would want to buy into (ie not just what you want to play yourselves) or actually clammed up and let the K Dragon get on with experiencing the learning curve that leads to being bitter, twisted, failed musicians or big fish in a tiny yet totally irrelevant musical puddle?
    Amen to that ma brother! (or sista, just so that we can keep the thread PC lol)

D........................

The first one was there, i thought it was a cool venue, had the "FESTIVAL "feel to it, so lets go for the festival feeling again

"The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

need we say much more

DDDDDDDDD

xD
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    So...?
    class, that's twice I've had a royal laugh courtesy of your posts & for the record I couldn't agree more

moan there's nothing up here & as soon as something comes along, tear it up

mon the dragon

D-D-D-Dammies

www.pearlofage.com - Timelapse & Cinematography

D = Dammies

= B

I just want to fight with Jeid!!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    = B

I just want to fight with Jeid!!
    Bring it

However, I'm not in an arguementative mood tonight, maybe when I get up in the morning, I will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12