Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living in Caithness

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_ View Post
    I am at home..... having arrived home at 18:00 after having carried out a significant shop (weekly almost) and a full day of work. Most of the evening has been mine. Heading toward winter on a beautiful autumn day. Even if the calendar says it's still summer. It is quiet and there has been time for a wonderful meal and a glass of wine. The wee mannie is having a bath and soon it will be bed time. I am so privileged to live in a place and here I can make time for so much and in so much natural beauty. How lucky are we all?
    Rhetorical question....... only the positive need reply!
    I can positively reply that I agree with you entirely!

Quote Originally Posted by focusRS View Post
    Interesting that the "I" word has been mentioned again.
    Was down in the local yesterday having a few drams and I was called an incomer (Castletown to Dunbeath).
    No offence was ment and none was taken.
    I should think not, as the author of the following post

"I agree it is a disgrace but the vast majority of offenders are incomers.There are very few of us left that have pride in where we live."

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    I should think not, as the author of the following post
    "I agree it is a disgrace but the vast majority of offenders are incomers.There are very few of us left that have pride in where we live."
    Lord aye cove. As the newly crowned prince of incomers I can confirm that my views have not changed.

Had a right chuckle today was talking with a Caithnessian born and bred, he was saying that the county has little to recommend it, I pointed out that we moved here because it has so much ! What's that saying about "Familiarity breeds contempt?"

I had someone recently claim the crime level in Caithness was worse than where she came from which was Belfast, absolute rubbish and i still don't really lock my doors here until i go to bed and even then that's probably more to do with a harmless drunk getting mixed up from his own house and not because i don't feel safe.
    It's not for everyone, some claim there is nothing to do but these are usually the type of people who would sit watching telly all day no matter where they were and never go to things they moan about that isn't available here.
    I see many young craving the bright lights of the cities only to return realising it is not as what they first thought, you can have a nice house with garden up here while in a city most will have a pokey flat with no garden that costs much more.
    But i do admit there are less opportunities in Caithness for careers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12