Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Thomas Chisholm.

Default Thomas Chisholm.

Hi all. Has anyone got info on the death date of Thomas Chisholm, Joiner at Watten and whodied between 1842 & 1846 also his place of interment.
    Thanks, George Stewart.

Hi George,
    Thomas Chisholm was my 3 x G Grandfather and I have been searching for the answer to that question too to no avail.

Sally

Quote Originally Posted by cpo173 View Post
    Hi all. Has anyone got info on the death date of Thomas Chisholm, Joiner at Watten and whodied between 1842 & 1846 also his place of interment.
    Thanks, George Stewart.
    Prior to 1855, you will find scant records of burials in the Old Parish Registers. Thomas's wife was recorded as a widow in the 1851 census and as the family were still in Watten in 1851 you could presume that he died there between 1841 and 1851. I have looked in the all the Caithness parish MI books and there is no record of a memorial stone for Thomas in any parish. One of the intrigues of genealogy is that the unknown keeps us searching !

Regards

Rosemary

FreeREG Co-ordinator, Caithness

Hi Sally. Iwas making the search on behalf of my 4 x removed cousin in Vancouver. Thomas is not on my tree but is my cousins 4 x G. G. G. G grandfather on her fathers side. Thomas was originally from Lauder in Berwickshire and moved to Watten after he married. He worked as a joiner at Aukingill and died at the age of 47. He had 11 children one of whom was a daughter, Elizabeth born 1832. After his death his widow moved with all 11 children to Ontario in Canada.
    Hope thi helps in some small way.
    Regards, George.