Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Fitting a multi-fuel stove

Default Fitting a multi-fuel stove

I'm going to fit a multi-fuel stove in my kitchen, with a flue exiting through the flat/sloping roof above!
    Does anyone have any advice on whether I need a building warrant or not and if it needs to be fitted
    by a professional - I can do the work myself! Also will I need an architect to draw plans?
    Any advice thank you!

Hi Farrnorth1, I'm also looking at installing a multi-fuel stove and was told that unless its a listed building you don't need a building warrant or planning permission. It doesn't need to be fitted by a proffessional but it does need to be installed to the building standards/regs
    Hope this helps
    CC

Thanks CC - is you,s going through an existing chimney or a new flue pipe through the roof? I'm planning a pipe through the roof and suspect it might need a building warrant - there's so much to think about!

MM

Can anyone recommend someone who would draw up a plan for building warrant purposes?