Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Searching for old burial ground

Default Searching for old burial ground

I am searching for the burial ground of an ancestor of mine - James Alexander died 5/3/1892 and interred in Bower cemetry (lair 172) and the headstone was erected by his wife Janet Stevens. The old parish curc cemetry is supposed to be rather isolated and between Bower and Scarmclett but I have been unable to locate it (scarmclett) on any map. Can anybody help please.

If you have Google Earth installed then enable the "Grid" option under the "View" menu if it isn't already switched on. The rough coordinates of the cemetery are 58 32' 13" N; 3 18' 6" W.

A photograph of the grave can be found at http://www.oddquine.co.uk/gravestones/gravestones31.htm

Regards,
    Steven

Thanks for the info. It certainly is remote and difficult to get to. I have a cousin from Vancouver whom I found via Ancestry.com coming to visit in October. She and I share Gt Gt Grandfathers in that James is mine and his brother George is hers. Thanks again.