Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: RIP Sir David Frost

Default RIP Sir David Frost

Another great TV personality gone, love his humour, quick wit, and sharp tongue.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I too enjoyed his programmes, a fine broadcaster, many could learn from him. RIP David.

Requiescat In Pace David, You were a One Off!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Default Indeed: RIP David Frost

He was known on this side of the Atlantic for his interview with Nixon.

But, for those of us who remember him from TW3, his incisive wit was unbeatable and unforgettable.

If I may be allowed one recollection, it was a piece he did as a "TV reporter" covering the launching of a ship (by a certain person) who, untypically perhaps, was on the bows of the ship as it launched -- and it proceeded to sink under the waves, with "persons" on board -- maintaining their dignity to the end.

And, I'm trying to remember, was he on a similar style programme before TW3? What was it called? Any corroboration of my misty memories will be most welcome.

and, referring to prime minister wilson, there was the line "our father which art in heaven, harald be thy name."

My memory back over 50 years is working fine. What I had for lunch yesterday - I've no idiot.

Nowadays, it would still be pushing the limits of political correctness, but, for a teenager living in the 'back of beyond' - it was great stuff even if I did not catch all the references at the time.

It's amazing what you can find on u-tube.