Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Redundancy

Default Redundancy

Hi there! I just found out I've been made redundant. I have a class two hgv licence, but willing to try anything. Just had a baby too so need to find another job ASAP, driving or not! Any help would be great fully received! Regards. Kevin.

Sutherland bros wick looking for Hgv2 drivers.

That's where I was made redundant from! Thank you though!

bus driving?
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

if you were made redundant they can,t employ any-one esle

Quote Originally Posted by parkie View Post
    if you were made redundant they can,t employ any-one esle
    People have managed it though!

made redundant yet only last week or the week before was it? that they were advertising on here for an HGV2 driver?.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman View Post
    Hi there! I just found out I've been made redundant. I have a class two hgv licence, but willing to try anything. Just had a baby too so need to find another job ASAP, driving or not! Any help would be great fully received! Regards. Kevin.
    I can't help you with the job hunt, but I can wish you the best of luck in finding a new one!
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 31-Aug-13 at 21:12. Reason: poty

Thanks for all your help guys! Still looking for work! Any more suggestions, feel free! Cheers!

You could try JBT or MacRitchies (MHD) both Inverness. They use class 2 drivers but not sure about up here. MM Miller, GMR Henderson, Simpsons, Gunns all use class 2 drivers and D Steven and McCormack of Castletown have class 2 wagons but probably have drivers for them but no harm in asking. Also TP in Thurso (HIAB), The coal man in Wick (cant remember the name lol) Speedy in Thurso.....loads use HGV2 wagons but just need to keep your eye open and ask the drivers if they are stopped in town. You might also want to have a break from HGV driving and go the small van way or even a job in a bar. Just drop in and ask when you are passing by.

Oh, before i forget!! You should phone Kevin at Biron's in Wick! Theres a possibility that a quality control guy is needed at Biron's the ironmonger's just to ensure all the razor blades and knives he has bulk purchased are really, really sharp. Cant have all the suicidal peeps in Caithness scratching themselves to death now...can we??

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    McCormack of Castletown
    Cormack.

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=989