Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What is it please?

Default What is it please?

Since none of my gardening friends can tell me I'm not feeling quite so ignorant now (I never know what plants are called ) but this plant appeared in my wildflower garden and just grew and grew, must be nearly 6' tall now. Bees seem to like it which is good. I've had to stake it as it was flopping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mystery plant 2.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	20749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mystery plant 1.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	20750  
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

HI Badger, I think the plant is White Melilot and it is shown here http://wildflowerfinder.org.uk/Flowe...lot(White).htm

Thank you so much - how clever of you to know. Once I had the name I did a bit of Googling and it seems very unusual up here so wonder how on earth it arrived. Some passing bird maybe? There is only one other noted this far north on this site http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/white-melilot but of course that could just be that no-one else has recorded it. I'm afraid I haven't as could not face yet another site registration for something I probably won't use again. Wonder if it will seed itself. I've just re-propped it but doubt if it would last long in a Caithness gale.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.