Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tablets

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    I was surprised a few weeks ago to hear our IT guys sing the praises of Win 8. He had been very skeptical about it until he spent some time with it. We had both had a good laugh at the attached image a while ago, but now he is a convert. Attachment 20877
    I'm going by what I've read, what other people have told me, and my two-minute play with Windows 8 in a shop. I couldn't figure out how to do very much, and I eventually got stuck on a blank desktop that I couldn't escape from. Not much, I know....

I'm told that the Windows 8.1 interface has been redesigned to be more like Windows 7 lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Pretty much sums it up for me - my Win 8 laptop I've 'retrofitted' with free software which makes it run/feel like Windows 7, and I've done the same for numerous customers at their request too.

The alternate version issue also cropped up with another package I use called CorelDraw - for many years the even numbered versions tended to be buggy & weak, where the odd ones were robust and very useable ...
    The alternate version history of Windows is a bit of a cheat because it misses out the parallel developments of NT and 2000. I don't remember there being much difference between 95 and 98....

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    The alternate version history of Windows is a bit of a cheat because it misses out the parallel developments of NT and 2000. I don't remember there being much difference between 95 and 98....
    95 and 98 didn't look that different but 98 was just so much more stable. We've still got old machines running it for things like simple data logging. Actually we have a delivered system in the field that's still running a version of non-Windows DOS! The PC-AT generation computer it runs on died of old age about 5 years ago, but the clients were able to build a "new" one of old parts, and even cloned it so they have a hot spare on the shelf.
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    95 and 98 didn't look that different but 98 was just so much more stable. We've still got old machines running it for things like simple data logging. Actually we have a delivered system in the field that's still running a version of non-Windows DOS! The PC-AT generation computer it runs on died of old age about 5 years ago, but the clients were able to build a "new" one of old parts, and even cloned it so they have a hot spare on the shelf.
    My first laptop was unstable with 98, so I "downgraded" it to 95 and I never looked back - which probably explains why I wrote what I did. P
    I must remember that personal experience isn't always typical....

Is the "system in the field" on a satellite?

Quote Originally Posted by igglepiggle View Post
    Looking to get a tablets for my kids, aged 7 and 11, but not sure which ones to go for
    Thanks
    I tried Ritalin for my kids and they seemed to do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    I couldn't "Troll" if my life depended on it mi16 !!

Was just trying to make a laugh/joke about words nowadays !! Sorry if you found my post "Troll-Some" or upsetting to you !
    anyway, i thought it funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12