Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Will there be a 2015 Edinburgh Military Tattoo?

Default Will there be a 2015 Edinburgh Military Tattoo?

Just watched the annual showing of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on BBC tonight, enjoyed it thoroughly as usual, been a few times,worked at it a few times. But a thought has just struck me, will the Independence crowd and Eck allow it if they get in.
    This year was a sell out, 21 performances, 7000 seats a show at prices ranging from £24.00 to £54.00 thats a lot of revenue!! Average it out at roughly £30.00 a seat the revenue is nearly half a million. What will happen to this great money earner? Visitors from all over the world come just to see this show that has been on the go for over 60 years. I ask again, what will Eck and his snp separatists replace it with?
    Last edited by golach; 26-Aug-13 at 23:09.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Well I suppose the show will go on but without the British Army's considerable contribution. I'm sure there will be enough pipe bands to fill any void.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

They have a thick fat ugly bloke in a kilt and a silly hat lined up to replace the current performers.

Apparently, he smirks and tells lies whilst linedancing ineptly, but there are punters who find this enticing for some bizarre reason....

Of course they won't be one in an Independent Scotland. We will be to poor to stage it, no Scots army & so no solders to appear in it. As we won't be in the Commonwealth no troops from those countries. No people living outside Scotland would want to come because of the borders and custom control. The 7 Horsemen of the Apocalypse will be there though.

In 2015 we won't be "Independent" and "free" from Westminster...we'll still be negotiating the divorce....but I'd hazard a guess that there won't be, given the current level of Westminster pouting and footstamping up to a year ahead. 2016 may be a different story.

If the Edinburgh Military Tatoo fails, you can always visit Wick Gala Week. It never fails to entertain, with a full, varied programme. The Committee have also overcome some great, financial difficulties in recent years..... ;-)

Childish, yawn-inducing, monotonous.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    They have a thick fat ugly bloke in a kilt and a silly hat lined up to replace the current performers.

Apparently, he smirks and tells lies whilst linedancing ineptly, but there are punters who find this enticing for some bizarre reason....

Quote Originally Posted by Partan View Post
    But funny and true

Indeed he is, as are all pompous secessionists. I think the hat fits you even better than it does him.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Just watched the annual showing of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on BBC tonight, enjoyed it thoroughly as usual, been a few times,worked at it a few times. But a thought has just struck me, will the Independence crowd and Eck allow it if they get in.
    This year was a sell out, 21 performances, 7000 seats a show at prices ranging from £24.00 to £54.00 thats a lot of revenue!! Average it out at roughly £30.00 a seat the revenue is nearly half a million. What will happen to this great money earner? Visitors from all over the world come just to see this show that has been on the go for over 60 years. I ask again, what will Eck and his snp separatists replace it with?
    You got your sums wrong golach - your estimated revenue should be nearly 5 million, which is 10 times what you got!

You got your sums wrong golach - your estimated revenue should be nearly 5 million, which is 10 times what you got!
    My abacus got stuck, sorry

SiS

As someone who was correctly rebuked by this forum for insulting a fellow Orger (one occasion only though that is no excuse) I am disappointed you continue to post serial insults about Alex Salmond. I would have been equally disappointed if the insults were directed at Johann Lamont, Ruth Davidson or Willie Rennie.

May I assume that you consider yourself neither fat nor ugly? Or a liar? If you say so I will have to accept that – unless there is someone out there that knows differently!

Partan (no oil painting)
    Last edited by Partan; 29-Aug-13 at 14:51.

I would have been equally disappointed if the insults were directed at Johann Lamont, Ruth Davidson or Willie Rennie.
    I have never seen the three you mention dress themselves up and look like a tartan clown, and he is even worse when he is wearing his Rupert the Bear trews.

SiS

As someone who was correctly rebuked by this forum for insulting a fellow Orger (one occasion only though that is no excuse) I am disappointed you continue to post serial insults about Alex Salmond. I would have been equally disappointed if the insults were directed at Johann Lamont, Ruth Davidson or Willie Rennie.

May I assume that you consider yourself neither fat nor ugly? Or a liar? If you say so I will have to accept that – unless there is someone out there that knows differently!

Partan (no oil painting)
    You're disappointed? Lol, I would be too if I hadn't experienced the evident lack of comprehension in your two previous posts.

Just for golach... Here's Ugly Fat Eck dressed as Rupert Bear.

SiS

Lampoonery is an art form delivered with wit and humour. (For example Steven Conley’s cartoons in the Glasgow Herald)

However your posts on this subject are neither funny nor clever.

Indeed they are permeated with hate-filled bile devoid of humour.

Partan

You're disappointed? Lol, I would be too if I hadn't experienced the evident lack of comprehension in your two previous posts.

Just for golach... Here's Ugly Fat Eck dressed as Rupert Bear.

Sadly, there are times when a fellow Caithnessian is so lost that it's a kindness to not respond to his misunderstandings.