Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Jobs for Scotland

Default New Jobs for Scotland

These new employees will be looking forward to 'phoning you to help you with your PPI, injury claims and pay day loans shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    These new employees will be looking forward to 'phoning you to help you with your PPI, injury claims and pay day loans shortly.
    what new employee's ?

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    what new employee's ?
    The ones at the new call centres Alex Salmond has been trilling about.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...nister-heralds
    Last edited by ducati; 04-Oct-13 at 16:37.

It must be great to be able to 'sniffy' about the jobs other people have to do.

Genghis Khan is alive and well and posting on another thread about the evil unemployed.

Compassion? Understanding? Respect for others? Not here apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Genghis Khan is alive and well and posting on another thread about the evil unemployed.
    they are only evil if they dont expect to lift a finger to help themselves, while expecting to be kept by others who do

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    they are only evil if they dont expect to lift a finger to help themselves, while expecting to be kept by others who do
    Then how do you distinguish between the good & evil?
    & if there is a difference then why are they treating all as evil?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Then how do you distinguish between the good & evil?
    having experienced both, I find it very easy, the attitude usually gives it straight away
    & if there is a difference then why are they treating all as evil?[/
    who are "they" if you mean the government, working for your keep is a worldwide phenomenon,that has been around for centuries,if you mean the posters on the other thread which was referred to"Genghis Khan is alive and well and posting on another thread about the evil unemployed", you will have to ask the other posters, I can only answer for me
    Last edited by equusdriving; 04-Oct-13 at 19:09.

Then it'll make a change not to have call centres based in England or in India etc who either argue with you (overseas ones) or get offended about your language (English ones)when you tell them that you're on the TPS and they're cold-calling so f-off. and in my case, screaming at them that they are using an old phone book and have the name wrong. . Be a lot easier with the Scots...just use the f word and off, and they will know fine you are irritated and just put down the phone.

We can't have it all ways....if we want folk off benefits.they need jobs......and, lets be honest, the growing jobs market is in annoying folk with cold calls by telephone...(though to be fair, they are not all cold calling.) Call Centres are the new factories of the 21st century but they don't make "things", they just make nuisances of themselves. That's what we have become under the Union, a country which employs a big proportion of its people to annoy the crap out of the rest of them.....and the taxpayers, generally, help pay their wages for the privilege of slamming the phone down on them.

You may like to give the impression the jobs announced by Salmond are PPI injury and PAY Day Loans cold callers jobs, because that suits your agenda........but how on earth can you cold call someone to take on a Student Loan, buy a bus/train ticket for example? There are outbound and inbound call centres.and some which do both, after all. Teleperformance appear to be more in the customer service arena than the "irritate anyone you think you have a phone number for" one.

I personally wouldn't work in a call centre in a cold-calling capacity for love nor money, but likely could in a centre providing what I perceived as a service, which would, at one time have been done by a wee mannie or wifie in a company or branch of a company...but nowadays is cheaper for companies to to shunt their query phone calls into a call centre because we, the taxpayer, will pick up the slack on their crap wages via working tax credits. I used to work in a bank which answered their own phone calls and dealt with them immediately (more or less)...now, with the same bank, I have to go through a call centre to even speak to someone in my branch..and I guarantee the wages of the nice folk in that particular call centre aren't as good as that received by those who used to field the same calls in branch.

What cheers me, isn't, tbh the call centre jobs.......but the fact that a year before the referendum that we are still getting internal investment despite the quotes I append.......

"I think the instability and the uncertainty that hangs over the Scottish economy (is) because of Alex Salmond raising the prospects of independence…

"I think that uncertainty is damaging investment in Scotland – and there are major businesses around the world who have asked me as chancellor in the last year 'tell us what is going on in Scotland - we're worried about making an investment in that country'." George Osborne, November 2011

"If Alex Salmond wants a referendum on independence, why do we wait until 2014? This is very damaging for Scotland because all the time businesses are asking 'Is Scotland going to stay part of the UK? Are they going to stay together? Should I invest'?" David Cameron 9th January 2012,

"With too long a period, we will just increase the uncertainty about Scotland's future, which will affect jobs, it will affect investment plans."

Michael Moore 25th January 2012

More from the UK party Scottish lickspittles on the same lines......but in the end in 2012/13 the number of foreign direct investment projects in Scotland increased by 16%, compared to 11% for the UK as a whole...so maybe the scaremongering from the UK mouthpieces were exactly that. It doesn't appear that businesses are nearly as worried about the prospect of Scottish Independence than they are about the possibility of the UK voting to leave the EU.

Don't forget roof insulation, cavity wall insulation, solar panels, and all those automatically-dialled silent calls....

I rather like a future in which all the forum's secessionists are forced to take menial jobs in call centres - or lose their benefits!

IF you have a look at teleperformance they appear to be mostly incoming calls handlers rather than cold calling. This indicates that they are unlikely to be jobs in PPI or roof insulation. Teleperformance are actually a global company, they have a turnover of over 2.5 billion and they have been operating since 1978.

Call Centre work is not the best paid nor the most exciting work but you know it is work and it is inward investment and we should be celebrating this. They often offer flexible hours and varied shifts and a range of part time and full time opportunities. They are jobs and we need jobs so I am pleased to hear of the 1000 new jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Don't forget roof insulation, cavity wall insulation, solar panels, and all those automatically-dialled silent calls....

I rather like a future in which all the forum's secessionists are forced to take menial jobs in call centres - or lose their benefits!
    Ah, the joys of being smug, self-centred and pathetic.

Just what we've come to expect from the poor souls who need the security of having Westminster to make all their decisions.

Get a good grip of that forelock and TUG!

Don't forget roof insulation, cavity wall insulation, solar panels, and all those automatically-dialled silent calls....I rather like a future in which all the forum's secessionists are forced to take menial jobs in call centres - or lose their benefits!
    Surely a job in a call centre is preferable to a life on the brew, however I did note an earlier poster stating they would not work in a call centre "for love nor money"Such a poor attitude towards paid work.
    W.A.T.P.

At least they would be getting a wage rather than being subjected to workfare. I have worked in a call centre and I enjoyed it. A job is a job and the vast majority would rather be working than claiming benefit.

The reason I highlighted Alex's coupe is that these sort of jobs are very short lived indeed. Typically, peeps would be in the job then back on the dole before the paperwork is completed.

However SIS, these are not menial jobs. Successful outcalling salespeople can earn the sort of money a mere scientist like you could only dream of. And it won't have to be provided by the taxpayer.
    Last edited by ducati; 05-Oct-13 at 08:42.

[QUOTE=I rather like a future in which all the forum's secessionists are forced to take menial jobs in call centres - or lose their benefits![/QUOTE]

You just can't stop harping on about secessionists and how they are the lowest of the low. Now everyone who wants independence on this forum and is unemployed, should be forced to work eh? You just haven't got a clue at times! So where do you get your information from? the Better Together spin doctor or do you hang out with the pre-school kids?

I went for a job in a call centre once (BT).... Failed the personality test...
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    It must be great to be able to 'sniffy' about the jobs other people have to do.

Compassion? Understanding? Respect for others? Not here apparently.
    This thread could be construed as "spot the tory".
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

The reason I highlighted Alex's coupe is that these sort of jobs are very short lived indeed. Typically, peeps would be in the job then back on the dole before the paperwork is completed.

However SIS, these are not menial jobs. Successful outcalling salespeople can earn the sort of money a mere scientist like you could only dream of. And it won't have to be provided by the taxpayer.
    An interesting point at least I thought so, my nephew's lad has been to all sort of 17 year old job interviews to no avail but was offered an "apprenticeship" in a call centre on Tyneside. I have looked and cannot find the equivalent thing in Scotland, the point I am making is is this what being an apprentice is nowadays ?, or is this just one of the tory creations to say we have created X amount of apprenticeships. When I started my apprenticeship it was for 5 years including day release for college, I really do pity the youth of today if this is a choice of vocation now, how long is this apprenticeship I wonder.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    An interesting point at least I thought so, my nephew's lad has been to all sort of 17 year old job interviews to no avail but was offered an "apprenticeship" in a call centre on Tyneside. I have looked and cannot find the equivalent thing in Scotland, the point I am making is is this what being an apprentice is nowadays ?, or is this just one of the tory creations to say we have created X amount of apprenticeships. When I started my apprenticeship it was for 5 years including day release for college, I really do pity the youth of today if this is a choice of vocation now, how long is this apprenticeship I wonder.
    Now who is being the snob? I've had a long and happy career in sales, probably earned a lot more over the time than I would have if I'd followed all my class mates into engineering apprenticeships.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Surely a job in a call centre is preferable to a life on the brew, however I did note an earlier poster stating they would not work in a call centre "for love nor money"Such a poor attitude towards paid work.
    Yes, of course it's better than life on the buroo, and that's why the government should "encourage" the unemployed to find a job - any job!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast