Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Nor Scot

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Piratelassie tries to get a debate going on the most important decision for our country in 305 years...as do most of us who post re the Independence issue and the possibilities of it...and I applaud her for that. Trolling is posting eternally often in a multitude of consecutive posts and saying nothing to help any discussion, but making comments intended to flame.....something at which you are an expert....and something which piratelassie does not do. You would fit well with the commentators on Daily Mail Independence articles, which appear to attract completely irrational Unionists.

After all, unless you are completely brain dead, you must know the possibilities offered by the UK Government for the future are no less pie in the sky, if that is how you want to consider the papers by the Scottish Government. The Tories for example are saying they will get us back into surplus by 2020......when they are still adding in 2013, annually, with monotonous regularity, to the debt they said they would have reduced by 2015, but won't. Reducing long-term debt is not reducing debt if you use a credit card to do that........as any ordinary fairly intelligent punter knows....heck...ask me!

Given the debt has not reduced, but has in fact increased...from about £780 billion when they took over to about a £trillion plus today ,...and in the process of failing to reduce the debt, the Coalition are trashing, and the Tories are promising to continue to trash, everybody on benefits, in the forlorn hope they will catch the relatively few chancers (who are much more intelligent than our Government and can work the crap systems they have set up), and don't really, tbh, cost us that much in the great scheme of things compared to th Big Business perks,...like tax avoidance schemes etc......but then the unemployed aren't going to be in a position to give MPs lucrative directorsihps once they get dunted from their seats.

I found it interesting that, given the gradual privatistion of the NHS, which is ongoing in England and may well be extended to Scotland, if many in Westminster have their way re "harmonising " of services in the UK (and I'm not sure if that will only apply only to the NHS....time and a No vote will tell) to find that..that 147 peers and 73 MPs who voted on NHS reconstruction have direct connections as shareholders, or have parents/parents-in-law,family who are shareholders, in most of the companies who now provide drugs, hospital services etc to the NHS under contract. Voting to ensure their income you think?

Add to the targeting of those on benefits..the targeting of everybody in Public Service...re salaries and pensions.....and job losses. ..which, of course adds to the numbers of the undeserving unemployed...and thus to welfare spending. You care to tell me which sector of society is going to be targeted from 2015 to 2020, bar those on benefits or working to try to make our Governments systems work for us within the limitations of what our MPs impose...because they know those on benefits and public employees are the easy options who won't trash the MPs' employment possibilities when they are not re-elected.

How much chance, on past performance over years, by any UK Government there has ever been that their pie in the sky projections will be accomplished....and what it will another five years in the UK under whichever Government, neither of which has appeared open to rolling-back the damaging policies of their predecessors since the reign of Thatcher?

But many of you who like the status quo, for whatever reason,don't want debate...you just want a chance to sneer and denigrate all your countrymen and neighbours.......and the Government they elected in Scotland in favour of support for a Government which we did not elect in Westminster...although you may have voted for it.

I don't expect pro-Unionists to be any more polite than I am.......but I do expect them to offer some cogent reasons for supporting the status quo if they are going to take part in a forum discussion.........otherwise, why bother to post at all if they have nothing to offer to sway the undecided voter in their direction but their own irrationality? We saw how that worked with the Labour negativity campaign...when the SNP got the majority the system had been set up to deny them.

Leaving Caithness at the end of the month....but you won't miss me....because I'll still be looking in........and from time to time posting....as I will on the Football forum to which I alluded. That's the beauty of the Internet...you can argue with people all over the world!
    I must apologise, because although I wish I could be bothered to read through your long and drawn out post, I started to try, but after reading the initial lies and rubbish I lost what little interest I had and gave up
    Last edited by equusdriving; 06-Oct-13 at 22:03.

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    I must apologise, because although I wish I could be bothered to read through your long and drawn out post, I started to try, but after reading the initial lies and rubbish I lost what little interest I had and gave up
    And that illustrates that you are a troll with the attention span of a gnat and the brain capacity of an amoeba........as many of us have always thought!

And that illustrates that you are a troll with the attention span of a gnat and the brain capacity of an amoeba........as many of us have always thought!
    In my opinion your the troll here
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

You get a really snippy page if you vote NO on the YES Scotland website

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    You get a really snippy page if you vote NO on the YES Scotland website
    I wouldn't say it was snippy. I would say it's a downright lie - which is exactly what I would expect from secessionists.

The whole website is full of even worse lies.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    I wouldn't say it was snippy. I would say it's a downright lie - which is exactly what I would expect from secessionists.

The whole website is full of even worse lies.
    They even registered me on a forum or facebook group or something without me asking. Presumably they do this to all visitors to boost their quoted support numbers? The email I got to confirm this was from someone with the most proposterous made up Scottish name I've ever seen; Friseal MacFhearghais
    Last edited by ducati; 07-Oct-13 at 09:55.

mmm and I can still see that Independence is a mistake, don't say a lot for the mentality of your lot does it

Piratelassie tries to get a debate going on the most important decision for our country in 305 years...as do most of us who post re the Independence issue and the possibilities of it...and I applaud her for that. Trolling is posting eternally often in a multitude of consecutive posts and saying nothing to help any discussion, but making comments intended to flame.
    Is that not the pattern of the OP? Start of a thread with some mal-informed comment, then refuse to come back to answer any of the points raised? Wait for a bit for the dust to settle, then lob another one in.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Is that not the pattern of the OP? Start of a thread with some mal-informed comment, then refuse to come back to answer any of the points raised? Wait for a bit for the dust to settle, then lob another one in.
    Indeed.

She's rather good at it, and at least her garbage is brief - two lines of childish trash are so much easier to ignore than several paragraphs of ill-formed lies and lunacy!

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    They even registered me on a forum or facebook group or something without me asking. Presumably they do this to all visitors to boost their quoted support numbers? The email I got to confirm this was from someone with the most proposterous made up Scottish name I've ever seen; Friseal MacFhearghais
    Lol! These guys make up everything else they write, so why not make up their names as well?

Yours sincerely,
    Haggis McDeepfriedmarsbar
    (I would would prefer to use the Gaelic version of my name, but it wouldn't fit on the page....)

I see that the "Island Revolt" (yes, we islanders are indeed revolting! ) is gathering pace, with the appointment of an islander as Secretary of State for Scotland in Westminster...

http://www.orcadian.co.uk/2013/10/island-leaders-congratulate-new-secretary-of-state-for-scotland/

Do the plans for an independent Scotland have a contingency for if the islands are actually not part of the new seceded country? How do the oil figures stack up then?

Maybe the Island Revolt logo could do with some work though....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Our Islands.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	21276

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    I see that the "Island Revolt" (yes, we islanders are indeed revolting! ) is gathering pace, with the appointment of an islander as Secretary of State for Scotland in Westminster...

http://www.orcadian.co.uk/2013/10/island-leaders-congratulate-new-secretary-of-state-for-scotland/

Do the plans for an independent Scotland have a contingency for if the islands are actually not part of the new seceded country? How do the oil figures stack up then?
    He didn't get the job because he was an Orkney MP.......though I do agree he is revolting!

Wouldn't make that much difference re oil, I shouldn't think...though it would all be down to negotiation, given the Islands would be an enclave in Scottish Waters on the Scottish Continental Shelf and while the base starting point is a 12 mile limit surrounding the Islands (with no oilfields within that area), they are nearer Scotland than 12 miles. Hence the need for negotiations......though I suppose negotiations on that would require tit-for-tat negotiations on other things to benefit Scotland.

There is no definitive maritime border between Scotland and England yet though.......we have two different ones atm......the new 1999 one which England thinks will grab a chunk of oil fields.....and the 1987 one which ensures that Scottish Local Councils are required to pay for the policing etc of the rigs, despite the 1999 water grab.
    Last edited by Oddquine; 16-Oct-13 at 12:48.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718