Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Old St Peter's

Default Old St Peter's

Yesterday I took a look round Old St Peter's, now that the gate is unlocked. First time I have been inside for 30 years or more.
    What a treasure this place is! There was a steady trickle of visitors all the time I was there.
    I take my hat off to the volunteers who cleaned the place up and got the council to unlock the gate.
    But what now? Some restoration is needed and it must be defended against vandals somehow. I think I read that the volunteer group disbanded.
    Can anyone tell me if there is anything in the pipeline to look after this wonderful place.

This is good news as I did not know they were now allowing entry to this lovely old building. Mrs Kodiak will be very happy when I tell her.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

It would be great if a small group could get together to look after it. It is an important part of old Thurso and the town history. Unfortunately I do not live in the town now but I will be willing to help when I can.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life