Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing to declare - Thurso post office

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Crackers..................Box..............MMMMM Box of Crackers = Christmas.

Merry Christmas to All.
    You obviously won't be sporting a pitched fork , when the day of reckoning comes, I doubt you even know what a pitched fork is? For your amusement I will wish you a happy and safe "Sangha Day" and trust your sacred day will be filled with Jacobs crackers and live anchovies.

Enjoy Sangha day.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I see no problem with this. Having been both a post office employee and HM Custom and Excise employee, declaring what is in a package or parcel would and has never been a problem for me. I suspect the OP is being a wee rebel and is just making a noise for noise sake or is sending resricted or prohibited goods
    I bet you're a very small man sporting a moustache? Part of the "establishment" in a traffic warden / lollipop man way? You may even be a SUPERVISOR in a charity shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine-Dream View Post
    I bet you're a very small man sporting a moustche? Part of the "establishment" in a traffic warden / lollipop man way? You may even be a SUPERVISOR in a charity shop?
    I do have facial hair as a matter of fact, used to have a full Naval Regulation set for many years, now have a smaller beard. What has facial hair got to do with doing your job? Maybe you are too young to shave?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

In a very loud voice make up the contents as orcadian suggested.
    Then go into details how they have a loose connection as they dont work and you are looking for a replacement that is bigger or better!
    (if asked about the parcel size then just wink and smile
    Then every time you are asked make the contents wilder ...you wont be asked too many times
    OR if with kids say it was for S.A.N.T.A (spelling out the word)stuff and it doesnt contain anything on the banned list but you cant say....
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Are you too young to shave?
    52 years old mate and have worn out more philishaves than you've had hot dinners...... I'm currently "flame shaving" and it's the dog's nads..... you're blades and cut throats just can't deal with real MAN hair.... the flame shave burns it nicely and leaves your face silky smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    In a very loud voice make up the contents as orcadian suggested.
    Then go into details how they have a loose connection as they dont work and you are looking for a replacement that is bigger or better!
    Then every time you are asked make the contents wilder ...you wont be asked too many times
    OR if with kids say it was for S.A.N.T.A (spelling out the word)stuff and it doesnt contain anything on the banned list but you cant say....
    Just say "no dangerous goods"......... three words.

I'm enjoying your posts on this thread Tangerine-Dream

Thanks for the rants and the info.

T Dream is a "HE"

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    I'm enjoying your posts on this thread Tangerine-Dream

Thanks for the rants and the info.
    Thanks, I may come back sometime,

Mike,

...but if pushed ...then go into outlandish claims..
    Besides they can scan/x ray parcels if they want ...
    And find out if there are dangerous goods anyway!
    heck I tell my postie what Im waiting for incase a parcel arrives when im out and he is brill as he gives parcels to my nextdoor neighbour if it needs signed for or bunging it in the porch if im on the school/nursery runs and he has already seen me and I say just bung it in ...its hubs tools from ebay for car etc...

You are missing the point.... your postie" may disappear if privatisation happens....... read between the lines

Mike,.

Night night.

You are dealing with the frontline staff "mini hitlers" in the front office ....
    Not the actual "workers" who deliver the mail, whom, I have respect and time for.
    Besides, even though you are male, there should be something embarrassing enough to describe in detail in the Ann Summer catalog..or other catqalogs in the same theme to shut up nosy post office employees asking questions outwith their remit!

You are dealing with the frontline staff "mini hitlers" in the front office ....
    Not the actual "workers" who deliver the mail, whom, I have respect and time for.
    Besides, even though you are male, there should be something embarrassing enough to describe in detail in the Ann Summer catalog..or other catqalogs in the same theme to shut up nosy post office employees asking questions outwith their remit!
    YOU'RE missing the point again,,,,,, night night Dadie

Mike.

Err No Im not missing the point.
    The point you think you are making - is if you dont use the post office you lose it to courier services that can charge through the nose for delivery.
    If the frontline staff are iffy with you ..you should just take it as thats all we have..err NO...
    You complain as its still a national company!
    set to national standards all can get hold of.

i was in wick post office the other day and a young lad wanted to send a large amount of cash and he got asled 101 question because they where worried he had be scamed so it works both ways

Good thread T-D. You are 100% correct in your propostion that government agencies and their quango affiliates are underminding our personal and societal privacies for their own agendas and, as you can see from the replies you have received on this forum, the population has now been trained to accept this as "normal" and acceptable.
    I was not aware of these new requirements by Royal Mail, because I very rarely post anything anymore if I can possibly help it, so thank you for your info.
    I see that the frontline staff are currently holding anti-privatisation strikes, so obviously have not been made aware of the Royal Mail management agenda. You are doing good stuff here, but probably not on an ideal platform.

Aye. Just when they need the support of the punters they go on strike.

There is just sooooo much fun you could have with this.....

"Excuse me ma'am, whats in the parcel?"
    "None of your business"
    "Sorry, Ma'am, it is, as per this leaflet here"
    "In that case, there are "No Dangerous Goods" in the parcel"
    "I require you to be more specific, for I am a nosey Jobsworth"
    "Well, if you must know, its a Rabbit" (Dadie, stop giggling....)
    "Sorry, Ma'am, as animal remains, that is not permitted in the post system"
    "No, not that kind of Rabbit... Here, let me open it up and show you....."
    "Ohhh my!!!....."
    "Now, as you will see, there are no lithium or wet cell batteries installed in it at the moment, but if there were, then this is the on off switch, this one controls the speed and this one adjusts the action."
    "Erm, um, oh my, I feel all faint, OK, ma'am, I get the gist. Please can you put it back in the box, quickly"
    "Its OK, I'm in no hurry, and you did express significant interest in it - Now, if you look here, this one has the optional remote control, and the long range endurance battery compartment....."
    "Ma'am - PLEASE PUT IT AWAY"
    "Well, you did ask...."
    "Right, pop it on the scales...."
    "I also have this other package to send.... Its going back to KinkyLeatherFetishists.com - Its too small - Do you want to see it? It might actually be about your size...."
    "Erm, no - I have decided not to ask any silly questions anymore, and will simply take customers word for it in future that there are "no dangerous goods" in their parcels....

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    KinkyLeatherFetishists.com
    Didn't they set up at the old Lybster Polis Station?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast