Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Police target speeding cars.

And judging by your previous posts you do not seem to suffer from English being a second language or dyslexia so maybe you are just trying to deflect away from the fact you seem to think speeding is freedom of choice and laws are only there to be obeyed if you feel like it . That is what I call stupidity of the highest order

All laws are freedom of choice, no one makes you obay them.

And prison is freedom of choice too?

YES, Very much so, prisons are full of people who chose (sp?) not to obay the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by barmar62 View Post
    Its got nothing to do with being above the law, its all about freedom of choice, You have a choice weather or not to obay the rules and presumable accept the consiquences of your actions.
    What about the people who are hurt or killed by those speeding, do they have a choice?

No...........
    W.A.T.P.

What do you think to the idea of restricting cars in the same way as motorcycles are restricted to a lower speed, maybe 80 miles an hour. Thoughts ?

It's the bhp that's restricted on bikesMany German cars are already restricted
    W.A.T.P.

Restrictions are the lefty logic nanny state mentality.
    If people are taught to drive properly, with minimum number of hours from an instructor and a longer learning period covering a wider range of driving, and then periodically reviewed to ensure standards are current i.e. better educated drivers.

By proper education you give people informed choice.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    Oh I'm hardly difficult to find or spot and always willing to engage in conversations face to face
    Well I can't find you or spot you, as I don't know your real name or what you look like. Why don't you tell all the people you antagonise your name on here and we could have a group discussion? If you're ready to antagonise the majority online on the org, then you should surely be up to the task of doing it on the street in person, seeing as you're so knowledgeable about the issue and seem to know exactly who the perpetrators are.
    Last edited by Classamin; 02-Nov-13 at 19:15.

No I only criticise stupid people with the inability to differentiate legal and illegal . And why ask a question then answer it yourself, stupidity is nothing to do with disability and although I admit making a spelling error and perchance my syntax is not perfect it was not i saying its ok to speed because its freedom of choice to obey rules of the road. That my friend is stupidity of the highest order and has little or nothing to do with English being a first language or dyslexia that is just moronic ! So by comparison to the kind of attitude displayed that drew my comment I stand by it and am now curious as to why people feel the need to defend such moronic attitudes. You seem incapable of tackling the issue Speeding !
    Well in that case you have no room to criticise me, as I am perfectly aware that speeding is illegal. I do not condone speeding or any breakage of traffic laws, however I have no problem with what you and your high and mighty associates might refer to as "boy racers", which in actual fact are young boys such as myself that drive around wick at a legal speed, in legal cars, with legal exhausts, during legal hours of noise. Problem? So you're saying we're incapable of tackling the issue of speeding, tell us then, what are YOU doing about speeding? Have you reported it to the police with the registration number, and the area that you caught them? I see you doing nothing, other than complaining about it on the org.

Well as it appears you are so fully aware of what I've done you might be interested to know I have infact offered the police to sit in my drive and nick the offenders as they race past my house so that puts pay to that little argument and as you claim to be so law abiding I fail to see why you take so much offence at a comment obviously not directed at you, if you want to find me at 6' 8" I'm hard to miss feel free to say hello :0))

Quote Originally Posted by Classamin View Post
    Well I can't find you or spot you, as I don't know your real name or what you look like. Why don't you tell all the people you antagonise your name on here and we could have a group discussion? If you're ready to antagonise the majority online on the org, then you should surely be up to the task of doing it on the street in person, seeing as you're so knowledgeable about the issue and seem to know exactly who the perpetrators are.
    Do you count yourself singular as a majority or feel that you have assumed the mantle of org spokesperson for everyone else, just curious as you seem to condemn speeding with one hand them want to confront anyone who speaks out against it. I mean you use the word hate which is a big word,I've faced riots in Northern Ireland and not hated anyone fought in various theatres around the world and never hated my enemy so I assume this is really a big deal to you and you seem to always want to meet everyone who disagrees with you face to face .but on the same hand you aren't very forthcoming with your own identity hiding behind your screen name.

I'm surprised you get into a show if you are fighting in the theatre!
    Are you a musical man or maybe the ballet?
    W.A.T.P.

He ( RagnorRock) just has a high opinion of himself

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    I'm surprised you get into a show if you are fighting in the theatre!Are you a musical man or maybe the ballet?
    To many clowns not enough circuses seems to fit your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by barmar62 View Post
    He ( RagnorRock) just has a high opinion of himself
    I'd call it a reasonable point of view compared to yours on speeding but unfortunately you fail to see how crass reckless and palpably stupid your comment was instead you'd rather try hiding behind a screen name and troll

I'd call it a reasonable point of view compared to yours on speeding but unfortunately you fail to see how crass reckless and palpably stupid your comment was instead you'd rather try hiding behind a screen name and troll
    And you're doing any different?

Well as it appears you are so fully aware of what I've done you might be interested to know I have infact offered the police to sit in my drive and nick the offenders as they race past my house so that puts pay to that little argument and as you claim to be so law abiding I fail to see why you take so much offence at a comment obviously not directed at you, if you want to find me at 6' 8" I'm hard to miss feel free to say hello :0))
    I'm not saying I know exactly what you've done, I'm saying that I can almost guarantee that you've committed one or more driving offences.

Do you count yourself singular as a majority or feel that you have assumed the mantle of org spokesperson for everyone else, just curious as you seem to condemn speeding with one hand them want to confront anyone who speaks out against it. I mean you use the word hate which is a big word,I've faced riots in Northern Ireland and not hated anyone fought in various theatres around the world and never hated my enemy so I assume this is really a big deal to you and you seem to always want to meet everyone who disagrees with you face to face .but on the same hand you aren't very forthcoming with your own identity hiding behind your screen name.
    I do indeed condemn speeding, but I have to disagree with you on the second part of that statement. I don't stand up for speeding at all, what I stand up for is people blaming that issue, and almost every other driving issue on young people. Trust me, using the name Classamin is not hiding, infact that's basically saying who I really am, considering that's what about 90% of people know me as.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast