Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Police target speeding cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Perhaps you could sit down the banjo and answer the question
    Why should I answer your question its irrelevant to the thread and just you trying to be clever but showing how terribly small and insignificant you are :0)) have a good evening

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    Why should I answer your question its irrelevant to the thread and just you trying to be clever but showing how terribly small and insignificant you are :0)) have a good evening
    Its your choice if you answer or continue to dodge the question.
    W.A.T.P.

It's whether for starters along with the various other mistakes !
    What colour shirt I wear is of no regard to the law so on that count I do as I please
    When driving I obey the laws of the land which are enforced by the police
    It's rather simple
    At last, you agree, that it's YOU WHO CHOSES to obay the law, rather like it's you who choses which colour shirt you wear.!

I assume that mi16 and barmar are job sharing in their village, either that they are a con-joined result of local inbreeding and Dounreay fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by barmar62 View Post
    At last, you agree, that it's YOU WHO CHOSES to obay the law, rather like it's you who choses which colour shirt you wear.!
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

Its your choice if you answer or continue to dodge the question.
    “Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you any worse advice.”

W.A.T.P.

So that's what your brains been up to. It explains so much :0))

[QUOTE=RagnarRocks;1054741]
    Quote Originally Posted by almo View Post
    It may well be a presumption but rather than shoot the boy down, just say if he is right or wrong. I'll be equally presumptuous and say he is right and you have been in breach of the RTA at least once in your driving experience, so get of your moral high horse and move on.[/QUOTESo

another one who can't just stick to the subject far to many trolls to feed
    Going off topic, LOL. I think that was done quite a few pages ago by someone being the spelling police, now who was that? And they couldn't even do that properly.
    If you are looking for trolls try a mirror, that will be far easier for you.

[QUOTE=almo;1054888][QUOTE=RagnarRocks;1054741]Going off topic, LOL. I think that was done quite a few pages ago by someone being the spelling police, now who was that? And they couldn't even do that properly.If you are looking for trolls try a mirror, that will be far easier for you.
    I think you'll find my retort was regarding not only regarding the poor spelling but the stupidity of the assumption that you can pick and choose which laws to obey but that is a point obviously lost on you who prefers to keep ranting on.
    Are they friends of yours? maybe you are also aligned with mi6 and barmar.
    You seem to prefer to have people speeding around Caithness doing as they please rather than taking a sensible approach. I hope next time someone is killed on the roads due to excessive speed or reckless driving you'll stop to consider your position, or will you still be condemning everyone else instead of laying the blame squarely where it lay with the offender and not the people attempting to make roads safer.

You can pick and choose which laws to obey, you have a choice in virtually everything you do.
    W.A.T.P.

Well said mi16. We are not saying speeding is right, or wrong, we are just pointing out that its your choice.

I think you'll find my retort was regarding not only regarding the poor spelling but the stupidity of the assumption that you can pick and choose which laws to obey but that is a point obviously lost on you who prefers to keep ranting on.
    Are they friends of yours? maybe you are also aligned with mi6 and barmar.
    You seem to prefer to have people speeding around Caithness doing as they please rather than taking a sensible approach. I hope next time someone is killed on the roads due to excessive speed or reckless driving you'll stop to consider your position, or will you still be condemning everyone else instead of laying the blame squarely where it lay with the offender and not the people attempting to make roads safer.
    I have no knowledge of who the others are so I'm not aligned with them in any way. As for death on the roads and the usual simplistic blame put on speed, that's my issue.
    It is always the first thing to be blamed but often without looking at any further causes and a balanced approach. I've sat in cars in perfect conditions on the open road doing 40 and been scared to death by how bad the driver was. I've also sat in cars being driven well over 60 and never felt safer due to the good driving.
    Bad driving is the biggest cause of accidents but that will never be addressed by the morons amongst others who think by driving below the National Limit they are safe drivers and it's all the fault of those wanting to drive faster than they are. Even if that is also within the speed limit!

Yes, I drive over the speed limit. Not excessively and in good conditions where in my opinion it is safe to do so, I also drive below the limit if the conditions dictate. That same opinion that weighs up the conditions will be the same thing that stops me driving should I ever find myself driving along behind a car doing 40 and showing no intent on overtaking but closing the gap so nobody else can either.
    And before we start going down the Caithness route, it's a national thing.

Quote Originally Posted by almo View Post
    I have no knowledge of who the others are so I'm not aligned with them in any way. As for death on the roads and the usual simplistic blame put on speed, that's my issue. It is always the first thing to be blamed but often without looking at any further causes and a balanced approach. I've sat in cars in perfect conditions on the open road doing 40 and been scared to death by how bad the driver was. I've also sat in cars being driven well over 60 and never felt safer due to the good driving.Bad driving is the biggest cause of accidents but that will never be addressed by the morons amongst others who think by driving below the National Limit they are safe drivers and it's all the fault of those wanting to drive faster than they are. Even if that is also within the speed limit! Yes, I drive over the speed limit. Not excessively and in good conditions where in my opinion it is safe to do so, I also drive below the limit if the conditions dictate. That same opinion that weighs up the conditions will be the same thing that stops me driving should I ever find myself driving along behind a car doing 40 and showing no intent on overtaking but closing the gap so nobody else can either.And before we start going down the Caithness route, it's a national thing.
    Thankyou for a well balanced and thought through reply I'd agree with many of your points regarding and bad driving and whilst I agree with you on most of your points and would even agree that speeding on certain roads in good conditions at certain times would not be a big issue I've sat on the m3 many times and been the only car,and driven down the E3 in germany at over 130mph but there its legal on parts but you can be pulled for dangerous driving. But speeding and the police being out to tackle it was the point being discussed on this thread.

The poor standard of driving in general is a greater issue in my mind than speeding alone.
    Inappropriate speeding can be done within national speed limits.

What does happen, normally after a serious incident, everyone bleats about speed closely followed by 17yr male drivers. OK, the stats back this up a little, but also for older drivers.
    Traffic offences are different in law from criminal and for speeding specifically, the use of cameras etc. make it easy to target and to prosecute. This in turn, leads to easy statistical analysis and also easy to purge for massaging the statistics.
    Poor driving is difficult to prove but contributory to the vast majority of incidents on our roads.

Speed is often the contributory factor not always the cause; it does however dictate the outcome with regards to injuries and damage, especially on rural roads. Remember, the damage is borne in the time it takes to go from the given speed to zero, it is not always relative to the speed.
    So what happens is a vocal few bleat about the speeding teens and demand more cameras but nothing is ever done to change people’s approach to driving and improve standards.

There does seem a wondrous few who preach from their ivory tower of innumerable years of incident free, error free, legally perfect and insurance claim free driving. If so, these are possibly the most dangerous people on our roads, if ever they, looked in their rear view mirror they may spot a trail of destruction in the distance.

But why go for debate about educated and informed drivers when we can just preach about how good they are at driving, do some grammar policing and demand more restrictions on our freedoms.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345