Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Printing problem

Default Printing problem

My printer Epson stylus photo r3000 wont print of internet keep getting message

An error has occurred in the script on this page
    Line 1791
    char 1
    Code 0
    url/ie frame.dill/preview js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page yes or no have clicked both and it still wont print

I have updated printer driver but this has not fixed problem
    prints my pictures, documents etc. but just wont print e-mails or any pages on internet
    Coxy

Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

You could try printing from a different browser - Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc. if you have one installed (or just install one anyway - always handy) - just to confirm if it's a driver problem or a browser problem.

You could try printing from a preview screen. Also check in the printing selection box that it is actually your Epson 3000 that is printing and not an installed app or a non-existant default printer. Some apps actually install their own printer driver and then when you try to print as normal, it uses the wrong printer and gives the error similar to what you mentioned. Personally i never print directly off the screen but open up a print preview then print it. This is from a while back when i opened a webpage and printed it straight off and went to check on dinner. The printer was upstairs and i thought nothing of just leaving it to print the single page and finished dinner. Was kinda hacked off when the screen told me i had no ink despite me changing the cart a few days before so i went upstairs to check the printer and there was almost 100 pages of printed junk lying on the tray and not the page i thought i had printed!

Default Printing problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    You could try printing from a different browser - Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc. if you have one installed (or just install one anyway - always handy) - just to confirm if it's a driver problem or a browser problem.
    Installed Google Chrome and hey presto it worked thanks Bobinovich only one small problem still cant get adobe reader files to print
    Coxy

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
    Installed Google Chrome and hey presto it worked thanks Bobinovich only one small problem still cant get adobe reader files to print
    Are you up to date with Acrobat Reader? Latest version is 11 - you can get it here if not, or you could try an alternative reader such as FoxIT

Thanks ever so much Bobinovich downloaded FoxIT and it works this problem has been driving me crackers since weeks
    you've been a brilliant help
    Coxy

Glad to have been able to help