Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Air rifle shooting locations

Default Air rifle shooting locations

Does anyone know of anywhere to do air rifle shooting in Caithness? Or know anyone who has some land that I may be able to use for target shooting for perhaps a small donation?

There are a few target shooting rifle clubs in Caithness, I go to one in Watten Hall. Its due to start again around September, October time. if you want more details pm me.

Come an shoot some o the rats in the sky in Wick , you will become a hero for so many

lulu87 I've tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full. If you could make some space or drop me a PM with some details.

Thanks

Hi sorry i have just deleted messages so send me a PM with what you want to know and i will find out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_soze View Post
    Come an shoot some o the rats in the sky in Wick , you will become a hero for so many
    It might just be the litter-louts of Wick that need the shooting,
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Step 1 - Drive around Caithness (or use a push bike or Shank's Pony as required)
    Step 2 - Find a field with a significant rabbit population (That won't take you long....)
    Step 3 - Ask at the nearest and most likely farm. If the fields not theirs, they probably know who's it is - Repeat until owner found
    Step 4 - Ask permission to assist in rabbit control - Offer to share some of the spoils with them if they want them, else they are all yours
    Step 5 - Stock up on pellets and get going. Once field is cleared, go back to step 1 and repeat.