Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Asda Home Shopping.

Just completed my second online Asda shop, the first shop I got £8.50 cashback via Quidco for being a brand new customer and saved £5.02 compared to if I had bought locally at Tesco (bearing in mind they could only compare about a third of my actual shop), today I've paid £5 for a whole month of deliveries which includes even the most expensive delivery times. I will still shop in Tesco obviously for the odd bits and bobs but you can't beat Lidl for the basics, purely the convenience of having it delivered and not having to shop with children makes online shopping more appealing to me
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by J1985 View Post
    Tescos must be getting a bit woried as the managers and bigwigs there have been pulling members of staff to oneside and giveing them in trouble and having a go at them for ordering from Asda. Guess they don't like compititon
    So how do the Tesco big wigs know which members of staff are buying from ASDA then? If i worked in Tesco i wouldn't be dumb enough to say to them that i got my shopping at ASDA....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    So how do the Tesco big wigs know which members of staff are buying from ASDA then? If i worked in Tesco i wouldn't be dumb enough to say to them that i got my shopping at ASDA....
    With Clubcard they will be able to check whether an employee's usual 'weekly shop' has been done at a Tesco store or not - put 2 & 2 together & there's a chance they may be right! However I think it's dire if that is so - if ASDA can undercut Tesco, even when taking employee discount into account, then that speaks volumes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    With Clubcard they will be able to check whether an employee's usual 'weekly shop' has been done at a Tesco store or not
    Can see it now.....Careful, the TESCO detector van is outside LIDL today with face recognition cameras to catch unruly employees

Can Asda compete with Tescos' new offer of a free cornflake in every packet of plastic spacemen?

Quote Originally Posted by J1985 View Post
    Tescos must be getting a bit woried as the managers and bigwigs there have been pulling members of staff to oneside and giveing them in trouble and having a go at them for ordering from Asda. Guess they don't like compititon
    Lol!

That's not only desperate, it wouldn't surprise me if it's illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Lol!

That's not only desperate, it wouldn't surprise me if it's illegal!
    Oh i don't know, nowadays many contracts forbid you doing anything whatsoever that would damage the business and buying from a competitor would mean just that and leave you wide open to a gross misconduct dismissal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234