Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asda Home Shopping.

OK.

Please take it from someone who knows (as a supplier to the supermarket and grocery trade for more than 20 years) They all sell brands at within a midges of each others prices. They all sell own brands. This merchandise is very likely sourced from the same places by all the supermarkets. That's why everyone was involved in the horse meat scandal. (Morrisons tend to own more of the supply chain than the others).

You may think your favorite supermarket is better/cheaper more environmentally friendly, but you are wrong.

At least TESCO bothered their earses to show up in Caithness so I have no problem supporting them.

I was in asda in train today and spoke to the manager who said they are delivering to wick. I have just emailed my first order.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

And they are doing well. A lot of Tesco customers too. They can't believe how cheap Asda are.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Default Asda Shopping

I have never done grocery shopping on line before so I thought I would have a shot at it and see what turned up.

My shopping arrived on time within the allotted delivery slot and all in good order, I'm impressed.
    Last edited by Kevin Milkins; 18-Aug-13 at 15:14.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I am lucky down here, got all the supermarkets within 20 mins travel or less, but before I go shopping I go to mySupermarket.co.uk to compare prices. Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys are there
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

How about this for a scenario? ASDA's home shopping venture becomes so successfull that TESCO (already losing money) decide thay have had enough and pull out of Caithness. ASDA seeing the demise of TESCO decide it is too risky to invest in new stores here so we are left without any discount supermarket. Seeing the end of competition in the area ASDA decide it is too expensive to keep delivering to Wick so you will all have to go to Tain.

The cost of fuel and time on top of the cost of your shopping means it is no longer worth living in Caithness so we all leave.

Make you happy that would it?

When you look at the Tesco store in Thurso which has been ""on the market" for a couple of years and no interest, likewise how long was Somerfield's store in Wick up for sale then you realise that it is a distinct possibility that this might happen. I'm surprised the big supermarkets actually moved up here in the first place though. Then again, Wick might flourish f the did leave and town centre shopping became a viable option once again!

Any idea if there are any plans to deliver to Thurso and if so, any idea when this might happen?Don't see why they're limiting their delivery to Wick only.I think it's fantastic, as we drive to Tain once a month to do our monthly shopping anyway and that was still cheaper than a monthly shop in Tesco. I'm all for supporting local businesses but in the current climate, everyone's looking for a cheap deal and apart from that, I find that Tesco are hiking their prices up all the time!! Know everyone has their own opinions but that's mines. Of course people are going to opt for the cheaper option, what with money being so tight all over.Just think its a shame for all those folk fae Thurso missing out just now!

Quote Originally Posted by willjean View Post
    The deliveries are only to south side of wick. Reiss to groats area will be another 2-3 months
    Spotted ASDA in Robertson Crescent, Keiss today....

Personally, I'll be sticking with Tesco, When it comes to food I like to see what I'm buying.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

So chuffed. Got my asda delivery today but as I'm in Watten I got it to my mums house and she took out to me. They left it in bags and was so easy for her. My shopping was cheaper and delivery being being £3 on a Wednesday will certainly use again. Got lovely asda own products. Next time I'm going for a Tuesday delivery as its just £2. Hope asda keep delivering here. I'm all for supporting locally but if prices don't match online we have no other choice.

Everyone who loves Asda so much should move to Tain. After a few months they could get their groceries delivered from Morrison's in Inverness...

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    Everyone who loves Asda so much should move to Tain. After a few months they could get their groceries delivered from Morrison's in Inverness...
    Do Tesco Wick deliver to Tain?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I imagine Tesco Tain do
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    What time does Morrisons open?

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    What time does Morrisons open?
    Probably the same time as ASDA does....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    Probably the same time as ASDA does....
    Asda down here is open 24 hours, not sure about Morrisons

Morrisons opens 8am til 10pm every day both inverness and alness

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Tesco Tain don't do dot com. It would come from the Dingwall store. Don't ever see any Tesco vans in Tain.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

And by the way Asda deliver to the whole of Wick and as far north as John O Groats.

Tescos must be getting a bit woried as the managers and bigwigs there have been pulling members of staff to oneside and giveing them in trouble and having a go at them for ordering from Asda. Guess they don't like compititon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast