Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asda Home Shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Asda have a poor rep for using people on an 8-hour job per person, per week. Exactly the same as Poundstretcher and Homebase. Opening up here would provide a much wanted service and give many locals employment but to what end if they are all part-time, 8 hours per week? You can all breath a sigh of relief/despair because there just isn't any suitable sites for Asda to buy and open up on
    Tesco is also pretty bad at only employing part-time workers.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Many people don`t want to work more than 16 hours a week, because of the impact on their benefits.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Many people don`t want to work more than 16 hours a week, because of the impact on their benefits.
    surely you mean many people don't want to work at all because of the impact on their benefits

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Many people don't want to work for less than 30 hours a week because of loss of unemployment benefits & no rights to in work benefits (Working Tax Credit) making them no better (or even worse) off.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

There are plenty of sights. What about the pent land autos place off George street, a huge area of land, the old auction place in barrogill street, the airport industrial site has empty places, the former Simpsons newspaper shop 3 floors the old dounreay club......the Train store isn't that big
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Does anyone know what the delivery costs are going to be?
    Fairness does not govern life and death, if it did no good person would die young.

Just got off the the phone to Tain, and was told although they were supposed to launch the deliveries up here on the 12th, it has been delayed (possibly four weeks). The lady I spoke to advised me to call back in a couple of weeks for an update.

The deliveries are only to south side of wick. Reiss to groats area will be another 2-3 months

i do not blame people any working 16 hours we have found our self in a catch 22 places we both worked me 18 hours hubby self employed just making a living but now finds him self not able to work because of illness he would work if he could and we can not get a penny sick or help with our rates because i work 18 hrs if i work 16 we would get every thing and if i work 24 we would get working tax makes you feel as if you try to help your self while other sit on their arse but perhaps they are right when they need help its there if we had a morgage we would have lost the house by now
    sorry rant over

Just to say on behalf of one of our friends thankyou asda food delivery today first of many asda vans coming up on the way to wick.

Did nt i read somewhere that Tesco bought the land that Asda wanted in Thurso. then MADE FALSE PROMICES. A ploy to keep Asda out..??

just tried to order a grocery shop online and it says it cant deliver to my postcode (Wick Pulteneytown)
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    just tried to order a grocery shop online and it says it cant deliver to my postcode (Wick Pulteneytown)
    Try ordering from TESCO, they're just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Mmmmm Yeah thats a good idea, why didn't I think off That!!
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Thats cos the armour plated delivery vans with the anti-hijack attachments haven't been delivered to Tain yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    and they employ lots of local people, does Asda?

Quote Originally Posted by gerry4 View Post
    I suppose you only buy what you need if it is made locally by local owned companies who employ local people?

Quote Originally Posted by gerry4 View Post
    Well they certainly did when I worked for them in Gravesend, Kent. I am also sure they employ a lot of people from Tain and the surrounding area for their store there, and so on. The argument for not shopping in Asda on that basis will only work, if you buy nothing but local goods from local companies only employing local people. When I lived in Dundee, I had Asda, Tesco's, Sainsbury's, Morrison's, Co-op, Lidl and Aldi's, and yet still shopped in Tesco's, but that was my choice, something which is lacking here. So I do'nt blame people here for wanting something different.

had asda delivered this morning. was 30 mins early very shocked. & I was told in the next year asda should be opening a store up here.

wont deliver to my postcode in Wick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast