Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asda Home Shopping.

Default Asda Home Shopping.

Asda home shopping delivering to Wick from Monday 12th August.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Who said they will deliver up here?
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I did. trust me.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

They are was in Tain asda last week and they told me

Tilly Teckel Guest

Ah, is that why they had the big advertising board outside of Tesco this week? Made me laugh - thought they were just being cheeky

What time do they open?

I'm outraged by this blatant Tescophobia, I demand something. Dunno what, just something.

Just spoken to tain asda and yes hopefully by 12th August asda food shopping available from helmsdale up to wick.

I do not understand all this Hype and why anyone wants to get shopping delivered all that distance from Asda. Personally I would rather not give Wallmart my cash.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Won't my Icecream melt?

Yer ice cream will be fine, they'll just race up and deliver that first. 'till the speed cameras arrive that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I do not understand all this Hype and why anyone wants to get shopping delivered all that distance from Asda. Personally I would rather not give Wallmart my cash.
    Shame, I think it'll hit Wal*Mart quite badly.

Wow so glad asda will deliver even though they can't be bothered to open a store employ the people fuel the economy all the usual things you'd expect from a business ! Plus having had a multitude of supermarkets in my old town can't say they make a huge difference. You can't drop much of a straw between all the big stores except on price which they all like to keep nice and confusing then are nice enough to give you a voucher for your next shop or hey mug I've overcharged you and now here's my blackmail voucher so you have to come back to be treated fairly ! I'd prefer they open a store,employ some people, put a bit back and stop ripping me off. Lidls and tesco at least are employing local people.

Ooh, I'm sure thre is a thread on here about Tesco Land Banking and allegedly being in cahoots with councillors & planners etc. preventing Asda Walmart from opening up.

I'd be quite happy to have Asda deliver my shopping to Wick, and travel from Thurso to pick it up. It's a real shame Tesco are so afraid of the competition that they will do anything to prevent them from encroaching on their turf.

I spend a bit of time in Inverness when I'm off work, and much prefer Asda. Nothing political etc. but I just like Asda better.

I like Asda underpants, will they deliver them to Wick?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Tilly Teckel Guest

Aw, Kev, have you been slumming in it Tesco pants? Poor you!

I won't be using it. I would rather use tesco. Even if its a bit more I would rather use a company that employs locals.

That's a thought, and taking it a step further, if Tesco weren't so anticompetitive and an Asda opened up here, perhaps there would be more jobs than there are now? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Cobra; 07-Aug-13 at 19:25. Reason: Typo.

Asda have a poor rep for using people on an 8-hour job per person, per week. Exactly the same as Poundstretcher and Homebase. Opening up here would provide a much wanted service and give many locals employment but to what end if they are all part-time, 8 hours per week? You can all breath a sigh of relief/despair because there just isn't any suitable sites for Asda to buy and open up on

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast