Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Watching videos on Facebook.

Default Watching videos on Facebook.

I am not able to watch some videos on Facebook. You tube vids play fine. Uploaded videos will not play. Laptop is running Windows 8, browser is Google chrome. Everything seems up to date. Help me please. Thanks in advance.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

It's possible that they aren't videos at all and are merely links that once you click them, a virus will be downloaded. Otherwise check you have appropriate codecs and drivers downloaded to play videos. Search for "windows 7 codec pack" and theres a download from CNET (trusted source) download that one and install, then try again. Personally i never click on any links in Facebook now, not even from friends unless they actually tell me it's their video. It's all good and well me saying this but until you actually have a hard drive wiped due to clicking on an erroneous facebook video link that drops a virus into your system, then you won't really appreciate it.

They are friends videos. I can't even watch my own ones.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Have just downloaded the codecs and videos are fine now. Many thanks.

glad to have been of help

Vids were playing up again, didn't realise adobe player is automatically on google chrome. I installed it separately. Went into add/remove programmes. Uninstalled it from there and they are now working fine. Thanks again Shaggy.