Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreadful Service !

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread and also all the ideas/help they have given to me, I very much appreciate it !

Although I must admit to having a laugh about my thread turning into a discussion about kebabs !! (Considering how upset I am about my bracelet, you guys definitely brought a smile to my face, LOL !!!)

No, Thumper, I have no photo's to prove it used to fit me, thanks for the idea though !

I've come to the conclusion now, that all I can do is accept the fact that I didn't research the capabilities of jeweller's, with regards to fixing a bracelet !! I also agree with other's on here, who suggested that "said jeweller's" could have at least informed me of their inability to fix a gold item, BEFORE they attempted it !!
    Last edited by cherokee; 01-Aug-13 at 18:04. Reason: Forgot to thank Thumper !
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    Thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread and also all the ideas/help they have given to me, I very much appreciate it !

Although I must admit to having a laugh about my thread turning into a discussion about kebabs !! (Considering how upset I am about my bracelet, you guys definitely brought a smile to my face, LOL !!!)

No, Thumper, I have no photo's to prove it used to fit me, thanks for the idea though !

I've come to the conclusion now, that all I can do is accept the fact that I didn't research the capabilities of jeweller's, with regards to fixing a bracelet !! I also agree with other's on here, who suggested that "said jeweller's" could have at least informed me of their inability to fix a gold item, BEFORE they attempted it !!
    You may still be able to get it fixed properly if not economically (I appreciate the sentimental value). Research Jewellery workshops (probably under 'Diamond Mounters') I don't know but there may be one in Inverness.

Also try taking a picture of yourself eating a Kebab, It won't help but may make you feel better. (Send a copy to TG it may make him feel better too).

Thanks ducati - kebab eating Cherokee on it's way !!

I will try to find a "proper" jeweller's workshop , thank you for your help, it's appreciated.
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Also try taking a picture of yourself eating a Kebab, It won't help but may make you feel better. .

Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn, then be a Unicorn!
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Can`t remember his name....Colin I think had a workshop at the top of the raining stairs in Inverness. He also makes bespoke jewellery from broken items. Campbell might be his second name. Maybe this triggers a memory for somebody. His workshop is next door to Ken Provan`s dental surgery.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Default Try Nothern

Instead of thinking "South" for repairs, why not try "North" there are several fine Jewellery makers and jewellers in Orkney.

for example http://www.hourstonoforkney.co.uk/repairs-and-services/ f

Thanks for your ideas, appreciated !

Weren't Cherokees once (in)famous for scalping people they had problems with? That would be a bit extreme in this case, I admit, so what about performing a war dance in (or just outside) the shop in question?

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Weren't Cherokees once (in)famous for scalping people they had problems with? That would be a bit extreme in this case, I admit, so what about performing a war dance in (or just outside) the shop in question?
    With regards to the sentimentally of the bracelet, and IF I were a Cherokee Indian . . . . . (I'm actually a Christian and could never justify "revenge", though sometimes it's quite difficult to restrain oneself !!) x

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    With regards to the sentimentally of the bracelet, and IF I were a Cherokee Indian . . . . . (I'm actually a Christian and could never justify "revenge", though sometimes it's quite difficult to restrain oneself !!) x
    You could cover a wig with fake blood and pretend you'd just scalped an "enemy". That might encourage them to come clean...

Hello to everyone who posted sound advice and were willing to help with my dilemma of a "majorly botched job" on a sentimental piece of jewellery!

I actually ended up sending my bracelet away to a very reputable company to get it fixed. Although it cost me £60 (!!) I must admit to being extremely pleased with the outcome and just wish that the initial "jeweller's" would have admitted to their mistake !! The (qualified) company who have made such a fantastic job of my bracelet, actually said they were utterly amazed and quite disgusted by the "extremely amateur" job done - completely uneven "soldering" , unfinished "polish" and basically an utter mess of a beautiful (and expensive) bracelet !!!!

Just a wee word of warning for anyone with a "precious" item of jewellery which may need alterations . . . don't use local jeweller's ; unless they can prove complete authenticity of what their capabilities are !!!!
    Last edited by cherokee; 20-Oct-13 at 17:01.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12