Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: BT Broadband not recognising LAN card

Default BT Broadband not recognising LAN card

I have just had to re-install XP Pro on a mates Toshiba Equium A100 -147 laptop and am having difficulty in getting wireless broadband to work as my BT Broadband is failing to recognise that laptop has a LAN card fitted. The laptop wireless internet connection on laptop worked fine before I reinstalled XP.
    Connection is fine using USB lead to router but when I run BT Connection Manager it reports that "No wireless adapter is available"

I entered BIOS to ensure that LAN was enabled, which it was, and reset BIOS to factory defaults (ensuring that LAN was still enabled)

Unfortunately I, or friend, do not have Toshiba set up disks

Anybody have any suggestions?

Look in Device Manager to see if the Driver is installed, if not you will have to install it.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Look in Device Manager to see if the Driver is installed, if not you will have to install it.
    Can't find any mention of "Lan" in Device manager and do not have set up disks to reinstall driver.

you'll have to install the Ethernet and wireless drivers from the Toshiba website

use another pc and a penstick.
    dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs