Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bees and wasps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bees and wasps

Since buying my house I've done my best to make it wild life friendly, planting things bees like etc., and until the other day it was doing quite well. Every year I have a couple of bushes full of little bees and a couple full of wasps, which I'm not so keen on but I suppose they have a right. Yesterday I was shocked to see all wasps, whole row of bushes full of them and no sign of the bees. Can't see a wasp nest but must be one somewhere. Have the wasps driven the bees away and what can I do?
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Find the nest and exterminate - wasps are real b's

I can't! It was in my roof once and I got Council to sort them out then stopped the hole but when they were there I saw them flying in and out and they're not doing that now. Every year they start to build in my shed so that get's thrown out but now I can't see where they're going. They just seem to be all over the bushes but not flying anywhere else. Really annoying.

Just spent more time out there and can see they're in the other end of my roof. Any suggestions for getting rid as Council website says they only do it for council house tenants now?
    Last edited by badger; 27-Jul-13 at 15:39.

Maybe the nest is in the bushes

Hi Badger I have sent you a PM Caithness Pest Control tel.07778123994 or 01847 892025 I can treat the wasps nest in your house for you.

Thanks
    Isobel

Thanks Isobel. I've PMd you back !

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    They just seem to be all over the bushes but not flying anywhere else. Really annoying.
    TORCH the bushes... go in with a Sheen X300 flame gun and burn those mothers down (shamone!)...... burning wasp disco inferno! (Grab crotch, moonwalk, shamone!)

Wasps hate being burnt alive, trust me
    Last edited by Tangerine-Dream; 29-Jul-13 at 22:21.

By the way,

I have a Sheen X-300 for sale if you're interested?

Will torch the MOFOS to fried wasp status guaranteed.
    Last edited by Tangerine-Dream; 29-Jul-13 at 22:23.

BTW,,,,, that guy is a wimp,,,,, crank her up to 80PSI and add a bit of petrol to the mix.... wasps evaporate on impact......

I can get rid of your wasps but it's a far from "humane" procedure.... it's all about burning their yellow striped asses into oblivion and making sure that any (who may survive being cooked) will make a note NEVER to return to your garden.