Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Halkirk Highland games

Default Halkirk Highland games

Hello,The prices seem quite high for it this year, is there anything for kids to do apart from watch whats happening? Is there any stalls, side shows etc 7 pound for adults and 3 pound for kids is a bit pricey if you still have to pay for things to do when you get in.Never been before so not sure what to expectThanks

I don't know how much things to do cost when you get in there but I do know how pricey the food vans are. My friend and I were given tickets to get in from our boss so we decided to have a look. Passed a food van displaying attractive Strawberry trifles made in a plastic drinking cup so we decided to have one each.... £7!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER again.

£7 for an adult and £3 for OAP and children are reasonable prices considering that £22000 is the prize money and you could attend the games from 10AM to 5PM ie 7 hours for £1 or 50 pence per hour. For £7 you could possibly get a packet of cigarettes or maybe a couple of pints. The prices charged at the vans and sideshows are outwith the control of the games -- yes I know these are expensive and if you have children that is where they want to go. But if the weather is favourable a day at the Halkirk Highland Games can be a very enjoyable time and where you could meet old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart4364 View Post
    £you could attend the games from 10AM to 5PM ie 7 hours for £1 or 50 pence per hour. For £7 .
    The games are open from 12.15pm to 6pm.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

A piping competition is on from 10am.

There were children's faces, there was a lot for kids
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come