Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Nikon lens

Default Nikon lens

Hi I've just started out in photography and brought myself an nikon d5100 dslr with the kit lens some people I've heard said the kit lens is not all the good so was wondering if anyone on here has any affordable lens for sale a lot of people said that the Nikon Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8 D Lens is the one to get as a start so that's the one I think I need to go for.Thanks

Coreyjay my advice would be to learn how to use your camera first before buying new lenses for it. Kit lenses are fine and normally cover a good range of focal lengths. The 50mm f1.8 is a good portrait lens but not great for landscapes or wildlife for example. Once you've mastered the camera you'll have a better idea of what you want to photograph and which lenses will suit you best

I have the 5100 all so and I use a Nikon AF-S DX 18-200mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR II lens it the best lens I have ever owned.