Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rc Helicopter wanted

Default Rc Helicopter wanted

Hi folks,
    I looking for an old type paddle flybar RC helicopter.
    The modern ones all use flybarless 3 axis gyros, and they are totally different to fly, being more responsive. I have a few flybarless helis, but I would like to learn the old ways now.
    The condition doesnt matter really, as most things can be fixed. There must be loads out there in cupboards after being crashed! Must be proper heli, 4channel fixed pitch or 6channel collective.

Let me know, PM is best.

Cheers

Hi there have private messaged you

Still looking. Electric helis preferred. Thanks.

Hi there,

I have a few you may be interested in.

ESKY Big Lama Pro with full Xtreme canopy and boom mods / alloy.... coaxial with flybar

Nine Eagles solo V2 (VERY fast!)

E-Flite Blade MCX2 (I have two of them)

Walkera LM180D01

Got a few quadcopters too.....

Twister quad, Hubsan X4, QR Ladybird and..........

A fully built hobbyking bumblebee quadcopter!

Should be something there that floats your boat

BTW... all of them are pristine and have never been crashed (believe it or not!!) If I don't have what you're looking for I know a few guys who may. Feel free to PM me.

Sorry, but none of those are any use to me. They are mostly all easy to fly co-axial helis.

I currently fly micro collective flybarless helis like the Blade MCPx and also the fab wee fixed pitch Blade MSRx. I also have a Nine Eagles 100D 3D 6 channel heli that is a handful indoors, but flies circuits outside very well indeed.

I am looking for the older style 90 degree flybarred heli's that have aerodynamic paddles. I have a Walkera 4#3 that is a paddle flybarred micro. Its incredibly hard to fly. I was looking for something similar, but around 250 to 300 size so I can fly it outdoors.
    Your Solo Pro V2 will be a single rotor, but with a 45 degree flybar and weights to keep it very stable. My son has one just like it, the WL Toys V911.

The quads fly totally differently to the helis. I have had a quick try of one, but havent got one myself yet. I was looking at the tiny Hubsan you have. Could be a wee bit of fun. Does it do flips and tumbles?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Even Chance; 31-Jul-13 at 16:35.

Think I now have just what Im looking for. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

Hi,

The Hubsan X4 does flip and tumble if you want it to It's a little rocket too, you can zip it a few hundred yards in SECONDS and it's also good in a moderate wind. No helicopter I know of is anywhere near as responsive. I've got three of them and a couple of Ladybird Q6 quads, they are UBER fast and responsive.... you can fire the little things 500 feet up into the air in a couple of seconds, they are seriously good fun. The Bumblebee is a lot bigger and I'm planning going down the FPV route with it.... gopro camera, NAZA, GPS etc. Have a look on youtube there are a few good vids of the Bumblebee quad there.

Helicopters are pretty darned useless up here (with the constant wind) and for outdoor flying you really need something pretty meaty that can cut through the breeze.... the quads have the speed and cut through the wind like a knife through butter..... most of my heli's are "indoor / hall" types for the simple reason it's usually too windy to fly outdoors. You're more than welcome to come over some time. A few of us nutters occasionally meet up in a large hall (venue will be disclosed via PM) and spend a good few hours crashing our toys into one another All sorts of contraptions are brought along and there are no "rules".... it's basically a free for all and pretty good fun if you're into RC helicopters, Quads etc.

All the best,

Mike.

Honeybee cp3 is quite a handful but chops through a breeze nicely once you get to grips with it

I now have obtained a Walkera 22#E 6channel electric CP. Its 370 size. I had it hovering last night in the garden after some setting up. Have ordered new set of servos and new blades for it today, as they blades were all mashed up and one servo has a stripped gear.

Theres a few of us that fly the micros here in Wick too. The FBL stuff can fly outdoors easily. Even my wee Blade MSRx fixed pitch has flown outdoors in 20mph wind easily. The CP FBL stuff is better though, as you can give it some negative pitch to help with coming back down under control. The FP stuff also balloons under fast forward flight outside in wind, but full down cyclic can help combat this.

I will PM you and get e crack.

Cheers