Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: War thunder!!!!

Default War thunder!!!!

Whenever I go on the internest, even on Caithness.org, I get a pop up advertising war thunder, along with very loud noise! I have blocked all pop ups, I have added the site to restricted sites, what else can I do? It is extremely annoying especially when I'm trying to listen to music or a news flash and need my sound.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Sounds like some adware has crept in - you can try running a scan with Malwarebytes to remove it, or a major culprit is add-on browser toolbars, all of which can be disabled through the browser settings

I disabled suspicious looking add-ons, it still happening. I tried to download malwarebytes, but got the message 'Runtime error '48' Error in loading DLL'

It's driving me mad! Can no one help me?

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    I disabled suspicious looking add-ons, it still happening. I tried to download malwarebytes, but got the message 'Runtime error '48' Error in loading DLL'
    Sounds like malware is affecting your ability to run malwarebytes.
    Check out Rkill at: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/
    Follow instructions carefully, THEN attempt a fresh download, install and run Malwarebytes.
    Better still is if you can get someone else to downlaod these on a different computer and put on a CD: if your PC has certain infections these can spread using the likes of USB emeory sticks.
    Sometimes needs a couple of runs of this before complete cleaning is performed.
    Jim