Please is there anyone out there who can assist with finding out more about whether or not my ancestors were affected by The Clearances. Here is a brief outline
My GGG grandfather Robert Mcleod b. 1776 Sutherland, seems to have gone to Ireland (possibly with one of the Fencible units) met and married Fanny Liddle (b. 1882, Londonderry, Ireland).
First Child George Mcleod b. 1800 in Londonderry.
They go back to Robert's Scotland and have more children, their last one being David Mcleod b. 1820 (my G G Grandfather).
Apart from George being born in Ireland, all the other children were born or christened in Reay, Caithness; (second child William b. in 1803)
and the last two in Farr.

This indicates that on their return from Scotland they lived in the Reay, and then the Farr areas.
In the 1841 Census Robert and Fanny are in Farr.
In the 1861 Census Fanny is Head with son David and wife Barbara, in Farr.
David died in 1896.

I have information from nas.gov.uk that David is described as tenant until 1896-1897 (in a return of crofters by the Royal Commission Highlands and Islands of 1 January 1883 David is Tenant No. 3) and after David's death in 1896 the tenant is given as "heir of David Mcleod" until 1905-1907, i.e. "Hugh Mcleod" (David's son) who was tenant until 1927-1928 and after that it was David Munro (Hugh's cousin)

The croft is decribed on the valuation rolls as No. 79, but Hugh Mcleod also lived on plot 269, (land owned by W. E. Gilmour).

I have seen a photo on Google of the derelict croft at Strathy East.

Any help or information would be appreciated. Are there people who could research this more thoroughly on my behalf on a professional basis.
I have been told that there may be more information on the Duke of Sutherland's Estate papers.
Thank you
Denise