Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help with printing

Default Help with printing

Hi, We have been running a dell XPS8500 along side Epson Stylus SX535WD since February this year with no problems. Since the start of the week I have been unable to print. The printer is wireless and the lights are all on and the network connection has been checked and this is all ok. The message that I am getting on the report which I printed out is "a router\access point channel conflict has been detected". I have tried moving the printer closer to the computer but this has made no difference. I cant understand why it has printed ok up until now as nothing has changed. Has anyone experienced this or any tips or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It may resolve itself simply by turning the router off then on again. It sounds like someone else in your area has got a router which is competing on the same wireless channel, resetting might force yours to find a different channel. If not then it might be necessary to manually change channel by going into the router settings - if you're not sure how to do that it's probably better to ask someone who is, rather than trying to explain the whole process on here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...1-169fec7e5be5