Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hair!!

SNOWDOG Guest

Default Hair!!

Does anyone know a type of dog that doesnt cast or moult?

Lhasa apsos or poodles dont moult. I'm not sure if labradoodles do or not though and I dont think whippets do.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I have had a greyhound and a whippet in the past when my children were small, neither cast their hairs lovely. My friend has a little poodle and they dont cast hairs either. Then I got a golden labrador, lovely dog, but oh god white hairs everywhere!!!!!!!

i just recently got my huski back ( he glad to be home ) he casts but its like wool, it seems to be not to bad.
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

labradoodles can moult esp 1st generation ones. I have a 2nd Gen doodle and he moults as bad as my labrador - the more poodle like they are the less they moult (cos they have more poodle genes).

hi i have a standard poodle and he does not moult, dont know about labradoodles moulting but i have heard that there temperment is not as good as either lab or poodle, i would not pay for a mongrel dog anyway. I also have long hair dachshounds they dont moult but i would not recomend them if you have small children.

Chinese hairless, don't have any hair, so none to lose, but the look really funny. Actually they do have hair, but only on thier heads and feet.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Smile

Wifie and I have three Border Terriers. Lovely wee dogs. They don’t moult a great deal, there’s a few come out but not many. The one drawback with them is the fact that they have to be ‘striped’ twice a year. This involves pulling out the dead hair by hand to allow the new growth to come through. They like kids but I don’t think they could eat a whole one.

Smile labradoodle

Hi. I own a labradoodle. They cast depending on how curly their coat is.

Yorkshire terriers don't moult and I don't think that the Russian Black Terriers do either but I'm not 100% sure about it.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

We have 2 Newfoiundlands, they moult like mad, but we got a Miele cat and dog vac and it pics the lot up, so we get the best of both worlds
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.