Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: bird strikes & wind farms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To get back to the original point - has anyone done any study locally on bird strikes - it would be instructive to have an idea of the actual effect.

I would imagine that a coastal scheme like Forss would be a particular danger for the nocturnal migrants that come in, in quite large numbers in the back end of the year.
    It is well documented tha raptors are particularly bad at keeping out of the way, and they tend to be more noticeable than other birds, being generally larger than average.

A walk round once a week would at least give an indication.

Quote Originally Posted by spurtle View Post
    To get back to the original point - has anyone done any study locally on bird strikes - it would be instructive to have an idea of the actual effect.

I would imagine that a coastal scheme like Forss would be a particular danger for the nocturnal migrants that come in, in quite large numbers in the back end of the year.
    It is well documented tha raptors are particularly bad at keeping out of the way, and they tend to be more noticeable than other birds, being generally larger than average.

A walk round once a week would at least give an indication.
    I would welcome any study like that here. The results either way would be very interesting.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.