Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dig 1940

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    that's my mind made up, if by any miracle we get Independence, Im of over the water to Orkney
    Was on Radio Orkney this morning that whatever happens in 2014 / 2016, the 3 island authorities (Orkney, Shetland and the Western Isles) have some aspirations to gain more control of what happens in the islands, and to retain more of the revenue from things like marine power. Whilst not into seceding from the UK, it would be a bit of a laugh is Scotland seceded from the UK, then the islands from Scotland, or else stayed with the UK. Not sure where Eck would fill his coffers from then, if both the traditional oil and the renewable energy "oil" (He described the Pentland Firth as being akin to Saudi Arabia as far as tidal power went) either didn't stop off at Holyrood and continued onwards to Westminster, or else never made it beyond the islands.

I hereby declare and state, that all lands, sea's and oceans bounded by 50°N 60°N 0° & 14°W have now been seized and sequestered by the Rockall Collective!
    (except for bits of Ireland... and Wales, they're OK. Oh, and Birmingham..... it's just Birmingham ain't it. And London, London can just feck off with East Anglia. Grimsby is on dodgy ground too, but maybe we can do a deal)

I nominate, elect and declare myself the sole ruler, protector, CEO, President and lawmaker of the Rockall Collective and of these lands and sea's to be known hence forth as the "collective Kingdom of Rockall".
    I shall forthwith be referred to as King of Everything (the first (subject to contract)(E&OE) TM).

In due course I will form a government consisting of myself, a case of Stella, an EU wine lake (red), 3 bottles of Old Pulteney and an ageing coffee machine.
    All oil, mineral, gas, and fishing rights are hereby seized. It is all min..... Ours! If Queenie still thinks she's got a Crown Estate in these parts she's got another thing coming!

Independence debate over. You are now all Rockallites and citizens of the democratically seized collective Kingdom of Rockall dictatorship. Move along, nothing to see here.

(the pound will be retained as currency, defence will be provided by UK MOD, passport & immigration services provided by the UK passport & immigration service, health services will be provided by the NHS & NHS Scotland etc. etc. generally everything will be the same except you'll be paying for some cretinous idiot to stroll around the globe lording it as King of Everything (.com etc. etc.).

FREEDOM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    it would be a bit of a laugh is Scotland seceded from the UK, then the islands from Scotland, or else stayed with the UK.
    a bit of a laugh, that's a bit of an understatement, I cant think of anything funnier

Explain how I have insulted people who fought in the war

But I do know that Piratelassie has insulted all the people who fought in the war, but did not live on the island of Great Britain. That's OK, if we ever secede from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, we'll just remember that the oil belongs to us, and not the British or the Scottish Mainlanders! [/QUOTE]

How the hell can I be anti British/English when i'm calling for people like you to refer to something British to be called British and not English,

of course there are, you are not the only desperate, draconian, blinkered, bigot with a massive anti British/English chip on your shoulder

You assumed that Britain, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, were the same thing.

By my reckoning, and granted, its not the clearest, even on Wikipedia, they are not. But some of that is open to interpretation.

If you are going to use TV programmes as a thinly veiled disguise for a political snipe, then you would be more accurate to compare "artefacts from England" with "artefacts from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    How the hell can I be anti British/English when i'm calling for people like you to refer to something British to be called British and not English,
    your example just shows you are slightly more anti English than you are anti British

and can you give me just 1 example where I have referred to something British as English?
    or are you mistaking it for when the likes of you call for the likes of Andy Murray and Sir Chris Hoy not to be called British? and slag him of for talking about the affect of Independence on sport

how on earth will you while away the hours when the hope of Independence is a dim and distant memory?
    Last edited by equusdriving; 18-Jun-13 at 23:55.

your example just shows you are slightly more anti English than you are anti British

and can you give me just 1 example where I have referred to something British as English?
    or are you mistaking it for when the likes of you call for the likes of Andy Murray and Sir Chris Hoy not to be called British? and slag him of for talking about the affect of Independence on sport

how on earth will you while away the hours when the hope of Independence is a dim and distant memory?
    I guess you have crawled back under the stone, to trawl the net for any desperate obscure contents for the next desperate anti English/British post then,yet again now you are asked to back up your ridiculous posts

Did you watch the programme Dig 1940, not much trawling required. If you did you would have heard them refer to the allies artifacts as English.
    And keep insulting remarks to yourself thankyou.
    I guess you have crawled back under the stone, to trawl the net for any desperate obscure contents for the next desperate anti English/British post then,yet again now you are asked to back up your ridiculous posts

And keep insulting remarks to yourself thankyou.
    what does the truth hurt? ahh shame, never mind Trot on

what does the truth hurt? ahh shame, never mind Trot on
    Is the pirate a Trot? Possibly - she does seem gullible enough to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Is the pirate a Trot? Possibly - she does seem gullible enough to be one.
    if it involves wearing rose coloured glasses and a big chunk of potato on the shoulder I think you could be onto something there

If the word Scottish is not in the worlds volcabuary, then the denizens of an independant Scotland will never be referred to again.

May I ask - were the artefacts found actually English? As opposed to Scottish?

I mean for example did they come from the Essex Regt. as opposed to the Black Watch?

If they were English then that is simply a matter of fact. I am quite certain that it is possible to be English - and British.

And if so, is the programme being criticised for being too exact?

In the British Expeditionary Force (BEF) my Great Uncle served at Dunkirk in the Border Regt. which drew men from both sides of the Border. If the artefacts were Border Regt I should have preferred 'British' as a description.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    If the word Scottish is not in the worlds volcabuary, then the denizens of an independant Scotland will never be referred to again.
    They could always refer to us as Ginger Jocks.

Now that is abusive
    Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    They could always refer to us as Ginger Jocks.

Piratelassie! You are one slever of a woman with a huge anti English chip on your shoulder, your foolish and childish posts are bordering racism.
    If you are scottish then im ashamed to call myself one.
    Im a scot living in Kent, England and i have never experienced any anti scottish feeling what soever.
    Just watched an excellent programme on TV called Dig 1940 about excavations around Dunkerque. The artifacts discovered were all refered to as English not Brittish. Is it only me who sees this as an insult to the other nationals of these islands,my father included, or are there any others who see it like me,
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Quote Originally Posted by neilsermk1 View Post
    Now that is abusive
    Oh, I don't know... I don't mind being called a Ginger Jock - it rolls off the tongue quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsman View Post
    Piratelassie! You are one slever of a woman with a huge anti English chip on your shoulder, your foolish and childish posts are bordering racism.
    If you are scottish then im ashamed to call myself one.
    Im a scot living in Kent, England and i have never experienced any anti scottish feeling what soever.
    I wouldn't worry about a nobody. We true patriotic Scots don't need to identify ourselves with the lowest common denominators. We can be proud of our country, and of ourselves, without being too embarrassed by secessionists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12