Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John Sinclair

Default John Sinclair

I am looking for any information on John Sinclair ( whose son was George Sinclair born 1805 Reay married to Elizabeth Cameron born 1811 Reay). I think he married Helen Campbell?

Default John Sinclair

I found this on Ancestry. 1841 census.
    You will see John here is married to Catherine But there is a son George,
    and an older woman , surname Campbell - could that be the mother of Catherine ??
    What do you think ?? worth looking into, siblings of George etc.
    Good luck.
    Trinkie

John Sinclair
    abt 1811
    Male
    Caithness, Scotland
    Thurso
    Caithness
    Janets Town
    Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by fiddleimp View Post
    I am looking for any information on John Sinclair ( whose son was George Sinclair born 1805 Reay married to Elizabeth Cameron born 1811 Reay). I think he married Helen Campbell?
    If John was married to Helen Campbell , they were married in 1787 and had the following children. Donald 1788, Catherine 1790, William 1797, Barbara 1799, Donald 1803, George 1805, Elizabeth 1807. They were all born at Achvarisdale. I also found a burial record for a Catherine Sinclair in 1785 and one for a John Sinclair in 1790 both in Achvarisdale. They may be John's parents.

In the 1841 census George Sinclair and family are at Helshetter. ED1/page 5.

You will find all this information if you look on FreeREG and FreeCEN.

Rosemary

FreeREG Co-ordinator Caithness.

Thanks Trinkie, I will look into this and see if I can shed further light on this. Lorna

Thanks Rosemary - I will have a look at these sites. Lorna