Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mobile Phone Signal

Default Mobile Phone Signal

Can anyone tell me how I can improve my mobile phone signal? I am on the 02 network and if it was a private phone I would just get a different network but its my works phone. I have seen signal boosters discussed in other places and i am wondering if they would work for us. The signal in the area seems fine its just in my house and driveway thats its rubbish. Anyone got any advice

Are you anywhere near the Pennyland area?
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk

Default phone signal

Two options.Download the new TU go 02 app which uses your wifi to make calls and texts. This has just been let lose so is at early stage but a great idea and it works offshore in north sea.Option 2 is to get what i have at home which is a gsm mobile signal booster which i got from amazon for 80 quidThis comes with an arial cable booster and 240 plug for a socket. Works very good in my house which has no signal but one bar outside.Make sure you get the 02 90 mhz version and not the 1800 t mobile freqency model.Hope this helps thanks v dub.

Thanks vdub

Quote Originally Posted by vwgolf View Post
    Two options.Download the new TU go 02 app which uses your wifi to make calls and texts. This has just been let lose so is at early stage but a great idea and it works offshore in north sea.Option 2 is to get what i have at home which is a gsm mobile signal booster which i got from amazon for 80 quidThis comes with an arial cable booster and 240 plug for a socket. Works very good in my house which has no signal but one bar outside.Make sure you get the 02 90 mhz version and not the 1800 t mobile freqency model.Hope this helps thanks v dub.
    Interesting...

With this app, you can make (receive) "mobile" calls from (to) your PC, but at present it only supports IOS 5+, Android 2.3.1+ and Windows 7, and it's for O2 pay-monthly customers only. However, they're promising an OS X version, and Orange and T Mobile are allegedly producing their own app.

Is there anything in the pipeline for those of us in the Vodafone/Linux world?
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 29-Jun-13 at 18:45. Reason: clarity