Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wicks boy racers

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    There is no minim level so obviously yes the max is much louder, but the important thing to remember is that it is perfectly legal, many motorcycles in standard trim are louder than a cars sports exhaust.My point was what does matter if it is the same guy or girl cruising past your house 100 times or 100 different cars?
    I question the mentality of anyone who passes the same house 100 times. Can you seriously say you don't?

There's also the question of time. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to expect a bit of peace, even in town, in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by luskentyre View Post
    I question the mentality of anyone who passes the same house 100 times. Can you seriously say you don't?There's also the question of time. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to expect a bit of peace, even in town, in the evening.
    I am not saying you are wrong, but there is jack about it that is illegal.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    nails.....spiilt box of.....or other sharp accident drops.....deters circuit racers...No tyres = peace!but must be accidental....!
    Child falls off bike, maims itself.Well done!!
    W.A.T.P.

nails.....spiilt box of.....or other sharp accident drops.....deters circuit racers...
    No tyres = peace!
    but must be accidental....!
    Isn't there a problem arranging the nails so that the pointy ends point upwards?

nails.....spiilt box of.....or other sharp accident drops.....deters circuit racers...
    No tyres = peace!
    but must be accidental....!
    or an old brake disc through the windscreen, applied (accidently) Mad Max styley, when they scream past your house at multiples of the speed limit.....one day.
    Last edited by ducati; 14-Jun-13 at 00:52.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Isn't there a problem arranging the nails so that the pointy ends point upwards?
    You have to accidently nail them through a piece of wood first.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    You have to accidently nail them through a piece of wood first.
    That's hard to arrange by accident, but I'm sure it could be organised with several people helping out. We could even export our product to other parts of the country, we could solve the County's employment problem after the closure of Dounreay, and we wouldn't need any startup funding from HIE to buy equipment. Every idiot has a hammer, a bag of nails, and a few planks of wood.

if one is bothered that much with boy racer s screaming past their home. just call the police.
    keep it legal. the right thing to do. eventually they will do something about it. get your neighbours to do the same thing..

p/s there is an element of persistant street racer s in the town. usually you see them driving from the roundabout at mackays to the parish church.i call them orbiter s ..doing that their really doing no-one any harm

in this modern age of digital camera s & camcorders one can easilly gather all the evidence needed.

Default Ps

What you have described is not boy racers!
    Boy racers usually use stolen or ubtracable cars, drive flat out causing mayhem and danger to both pedestrions and road users oftern lead police patrols in to traps where injury of the police officers oftern is the result, have no regard for other road users and generally have no driving licence and have so many points that they could never have one.
    The end of the evening is either the setting fire to the car used or it crashing! Now that is a boy racer.
    As for the spilt nails, what about the cars going down the street who are not your idea of boy racers?
    I am sorry you have just have no idea how peacful it is here compaired to other parts of the UK.
    PS, you would be suprised how easy it is to stage a crash!
    Last edited by Kasper King; 14-Jun-13 at 11:19. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Every idiot has a hammer, a bag of nails, and a few planks of wood.
    And i suppose that yourself being the biggest idiot will have the biggest hammer, bag of nails and...oh wait.....you're a plank short

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper King View Post
    What you have described is not boy racers! Boy racers usually use stolen or ubtracable cars, drive flat out causing mayhem and danger to both pedestrions and road users oftern lead police patrols in to traps where injury of the police officers oftern is the result, have no regard for other road users and generally have no driving licence and have so many points that they could never have one.The end of the evening is either the setting fire to the car used or it crashing! Now that is a boy racer.As for the spilt nails, what about the cars going down the street who are not your idea of boy racers?I am sorry you have just have no idea how peacful it is here compaired to other parts of the UK.PS, you would be suprised how easy it is to stage a crash!
    Is the above not the definition of a "joy rider"?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSeXy View Post
    i made a account to post just for this i don't usually make accounts or bother much with internet but,over the last few years it has got worse, especially pultney side and downtown..do these idiots not have a life? i wonder who is encouraging them and why have they been allowed to carry on with this..it is destroying our town...really surprised someone hasn't been knocked down and killed yet, it will end up happening in due course i guess,then people will take notice,
    no wonder everyone is going to tescos its out the town and has less noise and hassle
    it must be ever so empowering driving there 1.0L cars with big exhausts..i am so jealous.
    kids under 21 should only be allowed to drive cars that are built to go 55mph max meaning no out of town trips
    all you idiots who think your "cool" on the roads just know people are rolling there eyes at you because its pathetic
    rant over
    Boy racers. A stereotype.
    Wickers are not boy racers. They are cruisers. Guys and girls who take pride in their cars. In a town where's there naff all to do if your not drinking, this gives an avenue to interact socially with others of like mind.
    Ranting on here won't make any difference.
    And your point of 55mph max cars is redic. I must have forgot about the no under 55mph driving out of town. And why limit a car if its not going out of town? Surely then you'd want it limited to 30?

Referring to them as idiots is very disrespectful, considering your abismall punctuation. If that seems harsh then tough, I've saw red on viewing your negativity. Whilst on the subject of red, cars have brakes, which slow them down and thats why knock downs are rare to non existent.

I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Sweden use what they call a tractor (not like our tractors) that can be driven by 15 year olds, they are limited to 30kph usually by fitting two gearboxes in line and only being able to shift gear on one of them.
    W.A.T.P.

If we are talking of limiting speeds, surely in this day and age it would not be difficult to limit all motor vehicles electronically so the speed limits are not exceeded.Should be fairly simple using GPS the determine where you are and your max speed is adjusted to suit therefore eliminating the need for camera vans and gatso cameras and laser guns.Oh yes the massive revenue generated via the speeding fines would evaporate in the process.
    W.A.T.P.

The restrictions with bikes is on horsepower, not speed, though there is obvious, albeit not exact, connections between the 2.

As for exhausts automatically meeting noise limits, thats only the case if they are approved for road use. There are plenty out there that are for "Competition use / non road use" - But they still end up on road going cars. Seems to be down to the perception that if it sounds more than 1 litre, it must be more than 1 litre....

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    The restrictions with bikes is on horsepower, not speed, though there is obvious, albeit not exact, connections between the 2. As for exhausts automatically meeting noise limits, thats only the case if they are approved for road use. There are plenty out there that are for "Competition use / non road use" - But they still end up on road going cars. Seems to be down to the perception that if it sounds more than 1 litre, it must be more than 1 litre....
    If they are not road legal then that is a matter for the MOT tester and the police.

However restricting speed or bhp will not cure the snorty exhaust issue that many hate.
    To stop that you are looking at banning mods full stop but that opens another big can of worms.
    Last edited by mi16; 14-Jun-13 at 14:37.
    W.A.T.P.

Would the same logic apply to drink driving? Only a matter for the police? Or would it be considered "socially irresponsible" and not "OK, unless you get caught"?

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Is the above not the definition of a "joy rider"?

agreed they are boy racer s .....joy riders are what kasper king explained

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Would the same logic apply to drink driving? Only a matter for the police? Or would it be considered "socially irresponsible" and not "OK, unless you get caught"?
    They are both dealt with by police and the court are they not?
    I would report a drink or drug driver the same way as I would report any other motoring offence.
    Last edited by mi16; 14-Jun-13 at 15:36.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Referring to them as idiots is very disrespectful, considering your abismall punctuation. If that seems harsh then tough, I've saw red on viewing your negativity. Whilst on the subject of red, cars have brakes, which slow them down and thats why knock downs are rare to non existent.
    Before you go making remarks about some ones punctuation, maybe you should check your spelling of "abysmal"
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast