Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wicks boy racers

I try, but am finding that its getting harder and harder....

[QUOTE=BigSeXy; i made a account to post just for this i don't usually make accounts or bother much with internet [/QUOTE]

Then to Mi6 response

[QUOTE=BigSeXy; as i recollect you don't even live in caithness [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BigSeXy; shall i pull up thread apon thread of you dropping excrement on different topics [/QUOTE]

Hmmm, for a new poster who has just made an account, you seem to know a lot about the posters on here.....

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogger View Post
    Then to Mi6 response

Hmmm, for a new poster who has just made an account, you seem to know a lot about the posters on here.....
    obviously a voyeur...
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    obviously a voyeur...
    mi16 you seem to think there isn't a problem with boy racers in Wick, or they can do what they like.
    Someone's complained, and there is now speed bumps at Riverside, maybe it is a problem for someone, No?.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlhickey View Post
    mi16 you seem to think there isn't a problem with boy racers in Wick, or they can do what they like.Someone's complained, and there is now speed bumps at Riverside, maybe it is a problem for someone, No?.
    If a car is taxed, insured, MOT'd, in a roadworthy condition and driven by a licensed driver then they can go where and when they choose.If motoring offences are being committed then its a job for the police.
    W.A.T.P.

If a car is taxed, insured, MOT'd, in a roadworthy condition and driven by a licensed driver then they can go where and when they choose.If motoring offences are being committed then its a job for the police.
    Indeed I probably agree with all of that, might be different if it was past my or your front door tho, it's only a problem really for those directly affected, A local business or visitors to the town maybe, so who cares.

The Government has restricted inexperienced motorcyclists to riding bikes of a capped engine power so I fully support them if they decided to roll that philosophy to cars, it is probably overdue anyway.

That said, The Green Party has policies which restrict speed limits on Scottish roads, eg cars will be restricted to 20mph in built up areas, yes 20mph, that will give cyclists a chance.

http://greenparty.org.uk/policies/tr...rt-detail.html
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The Government has restricted inexperienced motorcyclists to riding bikes of a capped engine power so I fully support them if they decided to roll that philosophy to cars, it is probably overdue anyway.

That said, The Green Party has policies which restrict speed limits on Scottish roads, eg cars will be restricted to 20mph in built up areas, yes 20mph, that will give cyclists a chance.

http://greenparty.org.uk/policies/tr...rt-detail.html
    Great! But the polis can't enforce 30 and 40 limits so a bit pointless really.

Indeed I probably agree with all of that, might be different if it was past my or your front door tho, it's only a problem really for those directly affected, A local business or visitors to the town maybe, so who cares.
    If you live with a road at the front door you need to expect traffic.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Great! But the polis can't enforce 30 and 40 limits so a bit pointless really.
    In that case the game is up for all of us who care about preventing deaths and injuries on the roads. We may as well raise the speed limit to 70mph in urban areas in order to decriminalise all those lovely racers.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

a lot of these little car they youngster are driving sound like they are flooring it but they are with in the speed limit so unless the exhausts are breaking the law for sound they are with in the law

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    We may as well raise the speed limit to 70mph in urban areas in order to decriminalise all those lovely racers.
    They done that up Pulteney didnt they? at least it seems like it on Macrae Street at times

If you live with a road at the front door you need to expect traffic.
    Can't be many people without a road at their house, same cars going past again and again with loud exhausts might begin to irritate you, No?

Can't be many people without a road at their house, same cars going past again and again with loud exhausts might begin to irritate you, No?
    Exhausts need to meet European standards before being allowed on the market. What difference is there between the same car passing your house 100 times and 100 different cars passing your house?
    W.A.T.P.

Exhausts need to meet European standards before being allowed on the market. What difference is there between the same car passing your house 100 times and 100 different cars passing your house?
    I agree all exhaust should meet the EU standard, some of them meet the maximum permissible levels, which is a lot louder than the minimum, a distinctive noise from a free flow big bore system would be a lot louder than an average system, don't you agree. So you would know when that car passes umpteen times.

I agree all exhaust should meet the EU standard, some of them meet the maximum permissible levels, which is a lot louder than the minimum, a distinctive noise from a free flow big bore system would be a lot louder than an average system, don't you agree. So you would know when that car passes umpteen times.
    There is no minim level so obviously yes the max is much louder, but the important thing to remember is that it is perfectly legal, many motorcycles in standard trim are louder than a cars sports exhaust.My point was what does matter if it is the same guy or girl cruising past your house 100 times or 100 different cars?
    W.A.T.P.

It's also worth noting that its not just exhausts that make to noise, there is induction roar from free flow air filters or the snort off a set of webers, engine tone from a big v8 or turbo lump and of course banging sound systems.
    W.A.T.P.

It's also worth noting that its not just exhausts that make to noise, there is induction roar from free flow air filters or the snort off a set of webers, engine tone from a big v8 or turbo lump and of course banging sound systems.
    Dare I wonder whether you were once a boy racer with fond memories of carefree days spent annoying the Dante out of the town's quieter folks?

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Dare I wonder whether you were once a boy racer with fond memories of carefree days spent annoying the Dante out of the town's quieter folks?
    I sure was back in the day, I would say there is maybe only 20% of the number of people touring he street now than there was back then.Whilst it may be annoying to some it is not illegal, I find windfarms annoying.

I was never about the show and noise however, it was always about the go for me.
    W.A.T.P.

nails.....spiilt box of.....or other sharp accident drops.....deters circuit racers...
    No tyres = peace!
    but must be accidental....!
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast